Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs always play in shuffle - iPhone 6 w/iOS 8.0.2

Solved!

Songs always play in shuffle - iPhone 6 w/iOS 8.0.2

Every playlist plays in shuffle, it's very annoying.  I have an iPhone 6 with iOS 8.0.2.  This started before I even upgraded to the iPhone 6, I had a 4S up until 2 weeks ago and I had the same issue on that phone.  Help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello everyone! Welcome to the community! @EmilioSparks8 @jennybel @discult 

I'm not being able to reproduce the problem. First, check if the Shuffle Icon is grey/off (1st picture) and not green/on (2nd picture) on the Now Playing screen. You can access the Now Playing screen by tapping on the bar at the bottom of the screen with the name of the current track., anywhere on the app.

That small shuffle icon switches back ON every time you tap the big shuffle play button on any playlist. It won't turn off until you do the steps above again.

If that does not solve the issue, let me know. A small list of the steps you're taking everytime the issue happens would help me reproduce the problem better 😉

edit: let's hope the images show properly now .-.

edit2.jpg

edit1.jpg

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I have the same problem to anything I try play or push the shuffle button tells me I have to upgrade
If you can help find out the problem get back to me
Thank you

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Hello @EmilioSparks8, welcome to the community!

Are you currently subscribed to premium? You are only allowed to play in Shuffle mode if you are a free user, here is a subscription comparison chart 🙂 

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Hi. I have the same problem too! I'm a premium user, so it's very frustrating to have all my music play on shuffle mode. 

I didn't use to have this problem, but I think they may have upgraded their app for iPhone recently. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks!

I too am having the same shuffle issue. On iOS8 with latest version of Spotify, with premium subscription, I can't turn shuffle off.

Marked as solution

Hello everyone! Welcome to the community! @EmilioSparks8 @jennybel @discult 

I'm not being able to reproduce the problem. First, check if the Shuffle Icon is grey/off (1st picture) and not green/on (2nd picture) on the Now Playing screen. You can access the Now Playing screen by tapping on the bar at the bottom of the screen with the name of the current track., anywhere on the app.

That small shuffle icon switches back ON every time you tap the big shuffle play button on any playlist. It won't turn off until you do the steps above again.

If that does not solve the issue, let me know. A small list of the steps you're taking everytime the issue happens would help me reproduce the problem better 😉

edit: let's hope the images show properly now .-.

edit2.jpg

edit1.jpg

Thanks! That did it. I was just trying to hit the "shuffle" button again to disable... hadn't dug in that far. Might be more intuitive to allow the large shuffle button to turn it on and off.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

No problem ;D
I always missed that mini button there and couldn't find out why everything was shuffling, too 😛
I'm happy we solved your issue!

Thank you!!! That fixed it!!

It's just weird that the shuffle turned on in the first place, because I never turned it on before. 

Hi

I have just purchased a new iphone 6.

I have a premium spotify account.

It works normally on the computer and ols ipad, but it¨s impossible to turn of the shuffle mode.

Every time I push the shuffle icon (that is green) instead of turning grey - I get a popup message informing me that I must upgrade to be able to turn off shuffle play!?

I have upgraded!

Please help.

Thanks

Marked as solution

I have the same problem to anything I try play or push the shuffle button tells me I have to upgrade
If you can help find out the problem get back to me
Thank you

Hi
I have tried to take my music off shuffle but there is no icon! Please could you help? I have attached a print screen so you know what I mean
Thank you!
IMG_0765.PNG

Scroll up on that page just slightly and it'll come up with an Up Next list. The icon is next to the words, just click that 🙂 

Those two icons (shuffle and repeat) dont appear when i hit current song bottom of screen (iPhone 6S) 😞
IMG_4658.PNG

Thank you😳😋

I have finally figured it out!!! I tried all the techniques on here but my screens look different so none of these ideas worked (I have iOS 10.2 it appears). Anyway, the ONLY way to shut off the shuffle is a simple 2-step secret procedure: (1) Go to the screen that shows the song that you are currently playing (should show a big picture of your album cover with the toggl-able track length below and "reverse, play, fastforward" and "volume" (some people call this the "Now Playing" screen but I don't see that verbiage anywhere on my screen so we shall call it "the" henceforth): (2) Now here's the insanely tricky part... now that you are on "the" screen, grab the bare bottom of your screen with your finger and pull it up the screen fast. One of two things will happen depending on WHERE on the bottom you grabbed. One possibility is the grey i"phone" submenu pops up where you can select like "airplane mode, wifi, night mode, airdrop, flashlight, etc etc etc"; that's the WRONG screen. Now pull that back down. Instead put your finger on the BOTTOM LEFT of the screen and pull up again. NOW you should see a completely different result: a screen with a "Shuffle" button and "Repeat" button including the list of songs "Up Next"; simply tap that "Shuffle" button so it's no longer "red" color and make it "grey". THIS FINALLY SHUTS OFF SHUFFLE!!! REJOICE!!! Atrocious on Apple's part but go figure. Most likely in the next iOS they'll change the "play" button to "initiate" just because it kindof means the same thing but naturally no-one would ever think to look for that word, hence increase

I have just upgraded to an iPhone 8 I have tried the suggestions above and none work any ideas?

Suggested posts