Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs are playing but no sound is coming out.

Songs are playing but no sound is coming out.

I'm an instuctor at a fitness studio and I use Spotify Premium to create & play playlists for my classes.  Over the last 2 weeks I've had a repeat issue where the song appears to be playing (seconds ticking by, etc) but no sound is coming out.  This typically happens midway through a 45 minute cycle class, forcing me to log out and log back in to restart the playlist. Our classes are formatted to move smoothly from one song to the next, with no breaks.  It's akward for my clients to sit in dead silence while I fiddle with Spotify, not to mention embarassing for me.   It's happening to all of the instructors at my studio - and we all have separate accounts.  We've updated the ipad, uninstalled and reinstalled spoitfy.  I've tried downloading playlists, and I've tried the 1 second crossfade.  Nothing is working.  If there isn't a solution to this we're all going to move to another service.  It's one thing if Spotify stops working while I'm listening to music at home or at my desk - it's a whole other thing to disrupt a class of 30 paying clients.

Are there any other fixes or workarounds out there?

6 Replies

Hey @meganelise634,

My take, from what you describe, would that it's a connection issue. You mention you download the playlists, so, have you tried using them in offline mode to see if that does it.

If not, fill out this contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes, I've tried offline mode as well.  No luck.

@meganelise634

You should fill out the contact form then, and get some help from someone at Spotify.

Let me know how it goes. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

When I read this, it sounds like a problem I have encountered too.

How are you connected to your music system?

Is it through Airplay? Because that's where I have encountered some issues. But I have noticed it is not always the app that is giving me the error.

If so: maybe it is possible to connect through your headphone plug with the sound system? That should always work.

----------------------------
Just a fan of Spotify.
If your question is answered, please mark the right solution.

Greetz,
Mark

mzwagemakers We are connected to the sound system via the headphone jack and usb.  

Still no solution to this issue. I do know exactly what causes it. When playing a playlist in full screen mode, if I pause the song and try to swipe to the next song, it initially starts to play but quickly fades out. Once that happens only logging out and back in will get the music playing again. So everything is fine as long as I never press pause. Its annoying, but at least my classes aren't being interrupted.

Suggested posts