Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs are "playing" but no sound?

Solved!

Songs are "playing" but no sound?

Hi,

I have an iPhone 4s running IOS 7.0.4 and running spotifz version 0.9.3.212. Some songs play fine in my playlist but others are "playing" but there is no sound. Like I said this happens on random songs. Inheritly, when I try to play the song that is malfunctioning online using the phone (going to the artist's page) the same problem occurs (probably because spotify is trying to play the local file).

Any idea what's going on?

thanks for your help!

55 Replies

Hiya ! My issue is a little different however, just as frustrating. Im on premium account and just today every second song plays without sound. If I skip to the next the song the sound returns and then the one after that the sound disapears again. Any ideas!

spotify is it so difficult to fix this problem?

Got the following from Spotify on the 17th March...

"We've identified the issue and put some of our top guys onto ironing the issues out and I'm confident we'll have a fix to roll out soon.

We really appreciate your continued patience while we work on this for you. I hope it doesn't tarnish your opinion of the Spotify experience as a whole.

If you have any further questions, just get back to me and I'll do my best to help."

As of 24th, still not working on both my phone and kindle 😞

Have contacted them again but thinking switching to other service!!

Guys, please keep in mind this is the iOS forum, not the Android forum. If you are having any issues with songs playing with no sound on iOS, please post back with what device and version of the app you are using.

There is a thread for this issue on Android here.

Thanks!

Hey everyone .
After much frustration this fixed it for me.
Turn off volume equalisation and select a brief 1 second delay between tracks
Done

Ta. Just before i switch thread, spotify came back and said they are aware of a problem, and are working on it. Further they could not give a time frame for finding a solution..

@Swanny wrote:

Guys, please keep in mind this is the iOS forum, not the Android forum. If you are having any issues with songs playing with no sound on iOS, please post back with what device and version of the app you are using.

There is a thread for this issue on Android here.

Thanks!

@user-removed wrote:
Hey everyone .
After much frustration this fixed it for me.
Turn off volume equalisation and select a brief 1 second delay between tracks
Done

Heh man,

So far so good 🙂

Could this be the answer..

Thanks!!

Marked as solution

Settings > Delete cache and saved data worked for me.

My ADVANCED SETTINGS do not show a delete cache option. The only option offerd is CHANGE LOCATION, which sounds kind of useless. 

So for at least 2 years of this problem has been lingering and still no fix?

Any know why Spotify on my PS4 will play songs (as in you can see it moving through the song) but no sound is coming out? Sound is fine on everything else to do with the PS4. I feel like I have messed with a setting but don't know how I've done it! Can anyone help?

did you find a solution? i'm having the same problem and can't seem to get help from anywhere

I'm also having this problem. Although, there is one set of headphones that it seems not to have a problem with. With everything else I tried, I can hear through the speakers/headphones when I do anything else on my iPhone so it's not a problem with my audio devices. I tried everything suggested here plus more and nothing is working

i figured out what happened! like on the master volume on the ps4 was all the way down. if you go to the menu that's has the friends list and where you can change the song check that volume and make sure it's up.

Try doing the simple things first like turning your phone off and back on again or reinstalling the app. If that doesn't seem to work try changing the crossfade or contacting spotify. Good luck.

The 1-sec crossfade works for me, too. Thank you.

Thanks for the solution Demisemd!

Suggested posts