Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs change by themselves

Songs change by themselves

Plan

Student

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 6s

My Question or Issue

No matter what I do, my Spotify has a mind of its own. I'm trying to listen to a song and it'll play 10 seconds of it and automatically switch to the next one, and do this over and over. It's like it's on scan for a radio with no way to shut it off! I go back to the same song and select it over and over and over and it won't play the song I am asking it to play. If I can eventually get it to play, it usually does it again near the end, which is of course usually the best part of a song. I've tried turning it on and off shuffle, restarting the app, restarting my whole phone (I'm usually driving during this whole process so that just makes it even more annoying). It is the most frustrating thing I have ever had an app do. If I don't find a solution extremely fast I'll just be canceling and switching to Apple Music because this is honestly ridiculous.

3 Replies

Also, both my phone and the app are updated.

I'm literally going through this right now. I'm at peace listening to my track and then 15 seconds later, it changes to some foreign tune I never heard off. Same thing happens all over again. It feels like Spotify has been hacked. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us. This sounds odd and we'll do our best to help you sort it out.

We'd suggest you give these steps so you can make sure that the cache is not leading to this issue.

It's also good idea to check if the issue occurs on another device. That way we can see if it is a device or account-related issue.

If it occurs on another device, you can go ahead and check these steps.

Hope this helps. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts