Announcements

Songs from Local Files not showing up on iPhone

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Songs from Local Files not showing up on iPhone

I had the same issue too and none of the suggestions seemed to help.

Not sure if this is why it worked, but seemed to help for me!

This is for a Mac and iPhone:

- follow suggested steps in case (latest versions of spotify on mac and iphone, Local files switched on in Spotify iphone app)

- on Mac System Preferences, go to Sharing and temporarily enable Internet Sharing via USB (this makes your phone completely sure that you're on the same internet connection)

- connect iphone to Mac via USB

- open Spotify app and download your playlists with local files (you should hopefully see a blue hotspot icon in top left)

- leave for a bit and then turn off Internet Sharing on system preferences

- leave phone plugged in for a bit and the files should miraculously download

I hope this helps if none of the other steps do! 

Highlighted

Regular

Thank you, crushweyeliner!!! love REM

Highlighted

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community and sharing what you tried the resolve any issues with the local files.

If you're still experiencing this, we've gathered all steps that have worked for most users bellow:

1. Make sure you import your local files by following these steps. Keep in mind that only files from official sources are supported. 
  2. Perform a clean reinstall of the app. You can find instructions on how to do this here
  3. Try importing your files using a different network connection
  4. Delete the playlist with the imported files on all devices and create a new one. 
  5. Change the source of the local files. Create a new folder in a different directory on your device and move your local files to this folder. Then just delete the old folder used for the local files. Now you can try importing the files again.

If none of these do the trick, you can also try the steps that worked for @katherineyogos and @pd_kvs-h9iylm.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Tried everything you listed. No dice. The mark offline fix doesn't work since there's no offline button on pc and the sync desktop files button doesn't show up on my mobile version. I am up to date on both versions of my spotify. The tracks play on my laptop and are downloaded properly it just shows me a blank playlist on iphone though. 

Highlighted

Regular

Per crushweyeliner, please ensure the Local Files setting is enabled in Spotify on your iphone.

pic1.png
pic2.png
Highlighted

Casual Listener

yea that's been on and it still doesn't work. the playlist w my local files appears empty and when adding them to a playlist w regular songs it won't even show greyed out. 

Highlighted

Visitor
Been having the same issue for months now too. Scrolled through hundreds of different threads trying to fix this problem, nothing seems to work! checked firewall, local files toggle, deleting/redownloading, you name it. I used to have all my local files uploaded and accessible on my Spotify app, but i accidentally hit the download toggle on my playlist and all of my local files songs disappeared. I haven't been able to download them back onto my mobile despite ALL EFFORTS. someone plz help 😞
Highlighted

Visitor

Thank you sm, I've been trying to solve this for ages and tried everything. So simple oh my 😂

SUGGESTED POSTS