Solved!

Re: Songs from Local Files not showing up on iPhone

Regular

hope this helps

Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 11.03.47 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 11.03.53 pm.png

Casual Listener

I've tried everything short of doing a reinstall on my phone and computer, nothing seems to work. I also tried turning on desktop sync on my phone, with no changes. I can still see saved songs that I've uploaded in the past on my phone, even after changing the Local Files location on my desktop, it's only songs I'm trying to upload right now that are just not appearing on my phone.

• Hi have you found a fix to this yet?

Hi!

I've was having the same issue you were. This is what worked for me. 

You know how you can switch between listening on your iphone vs laptop if both apps are open on both devices? So you use this to your advantage.

1. Make sure local files sync is on on your iphone spotify app
  2. Go to your playlist that has the local files songs on your laptop spotify app
  3. Play the song (that is from a local file) on your laptop
  4. On your phone (because you can see what you're listening to on your laptop), the song should pop up.
  5. On your phone, check your playlist again and your local files songs from your laptop should have downloaded onto your phone.

I hope I explained this well enough. Please let me know if you have questions.

Visitor
**bleep** thank you so much!!

This used to work for me before but it just stopped. I tried everything else and it still dosent work for me. I have plenty of songs on my local file on my phone but it dosent let me add more?

Unfortunately, none of the suggested solutions works for me (iphone xr, imac 2017 27")

But there is an error with UI element toggle switch on iphone app > settings > local files > enable sync from desktop. This toggle switch is not implemented properly.

When switched on (green), it changes the title from "Enable sync from desktop" to "Disable sync from desktop" which is confusing, bad UX and should be corrected.

It should never change that title, as the toggle switch is strictly on/off switch.

ATM it's really confusing what's happening, cause you can have either "Enable sync from desktop" while the switch is off(grey), or "Disable sync from desktop" while the switch is on (green).

This just makes syncing problem even more confusing, hopefully it will get corrected along with the syncing bug.

Visitor
THANK YOU SSO SO MUCHHHHH

Regular

@crushweyeliner

DUDE (or female dude) - you just made my frustrations go away. wth kind of shitty setting is this. I had no problems with sync on my Android device, but I couldn't find out why it wasn't working on my iPhone. It's strange that Spotify doesn't show a pop-up saying: "you must enable this setting to download local files". Instead, it just leaves you clueless.

Thanks again!! ❤️ much love

Regular
  • i just glad to help, you have know how **bleep** long it took me to figure it out. so frustrating. 
SUGGESTED POSTS