Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs keep re-downloading in App

Songs keep re-downloading in App

Hi there - I'm using the current up to date version of Spotify on my iPhone 11. Every few days, the app keeps re-downloading around a third of my saved/downloaded albums...meaning I load the app and it begins downloading around 1000 songs.

It has roughly a third that are still available saved/downloaded as they should be and another third that are 'saved' but neither downloaded or queued to download. This seems to happen about twice a week. Any ideas how to fix it? Thanks.

1 Reply

Hey @JoeDivision, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Sorry for the delay in replying, but maybe I can still help. 

Could you try a clean reinstall of your iPhone 11? Keep in mind that after the reinstall you will have to redownload all of your songs, but you won't lose any songs you've saved (downloaded songs). 

Since you mentioned this happens twice a week, then give it a full week and see what happens after the reinstall. If you're still having the same issue, reply here with your current iOS version (check by going to Settings > General > About), and a screenshot of what's happening with your downloads (make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the Community).

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts