Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs keep skipping - urgent

Songs keep skipping - urgent

Hi

I have a premium subscription and use Spotify playlists for my classes (I’m an pilates jnteuctor).

The playlists seem to be working ok now but they have randomally starting skipping songs (playing about 10 seconds and then playing 10 seconds of another random song).

I can’t have this happen again. Can someone please urgently help me? Is there something in my settling in need to change? 

I play through my iPhone 8.

Thanks 

3 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Does this happen in all playlists or only some of them made by Spotify?

Also, please make sure to have installed the latest updates for Spotify and iOS 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and reset my device but it was still skipping throughout my class.

I have just updated my phone but not sure this is the problem as I was happening a month or so ago also and I don’t think I needed to update (not sure though).

It’s tricky to figure it out as it’s working now and happens randomly when I’m teaching. Thought there may be something in settings that may be doing it.

version - 8.5.0.833

Appreciate your help 

Hey @Emmah2,

Thanks for your reply 🙂

Could you try using the Remove Offline Devices and Sign Out Everywhere options, probably resetting your password too, from your Spotify account page?

Let me know how that goes.

Suggested posts