Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs randomly repeat when streaming to Chromecast Audio

Songs randomly repeat when streaming to Chromecast Audio

I've had an issue where songs will randomly repeat, whether from a radio station, queue or from a playlist. Like if I have several songs playing from a playlist, it will repeat a song randomly.

When you open the app, it doesn't show that it's playing the correct song (the app shows a song that is different from the one playing). When you skip, it flickers a bit then skips the song that was next in the queue and supposed to be playing. 

Is this a known issue? Or is there a planned fix? 

4 Replies

I'd like to raise this issue again. I'm having it on Android and Google Cast. It's very annoying. Any updates on it?

I'm having this issue as well, Chromecast 2 with latest firmware.

Happening to me as well, Chromecast ultra. Spent 20 minutes creating a queue for a party and songs randomly repeat and I have to manually skip them to get the queue working again.

I'm having this issue as well and here is what I've noticed that will hopefully help with a fix. When I stream through my chromecast, it only randoms a portion of my playlist, say the top 50 songs and randoms between those instead of my whole playlist. When I disconnect it from chromecast, it goes back to random between the whole playlist and not just the small portion of it.

It's extremely annoying and has been doing if for awhile now. I'd play if off my Roku but that doesn't even show my playlists. You're getting close to losing a longtime premium subscriber if I can't play it anywhere in my home.

Suggested posts