Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs stop during play several times

Solved!

Songs stop during play several times

Description

Songs stop a few times during play, I have to rewind a few seconds for the song to start playing again, although it stops after a while again, the play button becomes a pause button even if the song is paused.

A more detailed description, using numbered steps
1. Logged out/in
2. Read a few forums, tips online
3. Deleted app, reinstalled
4. Logged in, same problem
5. Found spotify troubleshooting

What I expected to happen
I wanted my songs to play smoothly like before

What actually happened
Same problem as before reinstallation

My iPad/iPhone model
iPhone 4S

Device’s Operating System

Is your device jailbroken?
No it is not

Approximately how many playlists do you have?
Ca 50 playlists
Only one is offline synced since I reinstalled the application, on my pc 98% are synced.

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)
N/a

My provider and country
Telia, Sweden

My username
Applepie

Regards,

Kristina
Kristina.wh@hotmail.com

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi 🙂

Firstly, please upgrade your iOS to 6.1.3, which should fix a few errors for you, and upgrade your spotify (current version it 0.6.1.48).

Secondly, are these songs you are trying to play in offline mode (i.e. synced) or are you streaming over your 3G/4G/Wifi network? There are sometimes problems with streaming when the time it takes to stream the song isn't fast enough and the song stops to wait for the buffer to download some more of the song so it can play, and it repeats itself (that would explain why rewinding the song fixes it, as that part of the song is already downloaded). If you haven't already, try syncing your songs. If you need to stream them for some reason, if you have the music quality set to high or extreme, lower it to normal and see if that helps).

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi 🙂

Firstly, please upgrade your iOS to 6.1.3, which should fix a few errors for you, and upgrade your spotify (current version it 0.6.1.48).

Secondly, are these songs you are trying to play in offline mode (i.e. synced) or are you streaming over your 3G/4G/Wifi network? There are sometimes problems with streaming when the time it takes to stream the song isn't fast enough and the song stops to wait for the buffer to download some more of the song so it can play, and it repeats itself (that would explain why rewinding the song fixes it, as that part of the song is already downloaded). If you haven't already, try syncing your songs. If you need to stream them for some reason, if you have the music quality set to high or extreme, lower it to normal and see if that helps).

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Suggested posts