Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs work on some playlists but not others

Songs work on some playlists but not others

Plan

Premium

Country

U.S.

Device

(iPhone Xs)

Operating System

(iOS 12)

My Question or Issue

I recently switched phones. My playlist had several songs (about 100+) that were previously playable and, to this day, are still playable on my old phone (iphone 7). All of these songs are available online. I did NOT download them to my phone. However, within that exact same playlist on the new phone, these exact same songs are greyed out and it says "Song Not Downloaded" if I press it. These same songs are actually still playing just fine on some of the other playlists, but for some reason not across them all. Can anyone help me solve this?

1 Reply

Hey @r02v10izm-_5d.

Thanks for posting about this in the Community 🙂

Just to confirm, is this only happening with this specific playlist, or are you seeing greyed out songs in other playlists too?

In the case of the former, could you try creating a new playlist and copying over the songs in the original playlist to the new one? You can do this most easily on the desktop app by selecting all the songs (Ctrl/Cmd + A) and dragging and dropping the song selection over to the new playlist in the left side-bar.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here to help you out if you still need help 🙂

Suggested posts