Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sorry. This radio station cannot be started.

Solved!

Sorry. This radio station cannot be started.

Sorry. This radio station cannot be started. Please try with something else.

I am getting this error on ios 6. The station plays in the mac app. What's the problem?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sounds like you might be having the issue which is discussed in detail on this topic.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

48 Replies

Hi I am having identical problems with only a few of the radio stations, which is the primary reason for me joining Spotify. Could anyone confirm how this can be resolved, or if a solution exists? Thank you
Marked as solution

Sounds like you might be having the issue which is discussed in detail on this topic.

Peter

Peter

I am having this error on windows XP  -Trying to build single artist radio station

I REALISE THIS IS POSTED IN MOBILES IOS -  I followed a link here, meant to post in parent - sorry

• I have been working on building my own Radio Station in my attempt to Promoting Darren Earl Williams . I have uploaded  all the currently published work via recordunion.com and last.fm as required, and I have got to the point where I need no more hours,with 11 albums already available and over 60 tracks . . .
  • But am being told that I need 15 other artists on my last.fm account to give enough content.  - I have been working on this project for quite a time (Months) and I am promoting MUSIC and not VIDEO, (so I have not been promoting much using Youtube,  I disagree essentially, using youtube with a static picture is not good enough in my opinion), I wanted a to set up a radio station, and last.fm as a recommendation and requirement by Spotify is not mentioned anywhere until many weeks / hours later scrobbling and setting up.
  • I am always pleased to recommend spotify, have done lots already . .  I use Google adwords and that last link, is better for me than sending people to http://www.spotify.com where they are presented with a full page MOVIE ??? Spotify, please save your current home page for youtube.com I am trying to promote MUSIC which is what I thought spotify is all about . . .
  • Anyway, I know there are other artist radios available, when I use the app, radio I am presented with a radio based on "LSD" BY "MICROGRAMS" which works fine . . .
  1. Having followed Spotify instructions and FAQ on creating radio stations, note up front, seems to be that you need 15 other artists on your listing at last.fm unless you are status quo?
  2. I also get an error message that "this radio station cannot be started when I search for Darren Earl Williams
  3. I am also told that I am unable to create a  new station?

Any words of encouragement or wisdom on the matter . . 

I don't see the answer on the other topic. 

"sorry this radio station cannot be started"  is displayed selectively

I get this message when trying to make a station with 1) the slide brothers and 2) shouting matches but not when I start a Santana station or eagle eye cherry or ... the list is endless.

Any one have a real answer?

I'll bet they're "working on it".  What do they pay to use an artists work?

Hey! 🙂 

Just tried it out, it appears I am not able to start a radio station on those artists either. 

Normally this happens when Spotify is not able to generate enough content to make the radio station. It would appear that "Shouting Matches" do not have a "related artists" tab either, which might mean there is something wrong or the content has only been recently added. Spotify generate the related artists and radio details automatically, so maybe there just isn't enough play data to have those generated yet. Give it a little time and see if it starts working!

Peter

Peter

None of the previously working radio stations are working now.  Is there is a resolution to this problem or do I need to switch back to Pandora?

can you reference the link to where you found the create radio station preferences? I'm trying to get three artists radio station enabled and it's super frustrating.

I was having the same Issue "Sorry. This radio station cannot be started".   I found that if I use the "start radio" located at the top of the screen while browsing an artist the issue persists; however, if I play a song by that artist and right click on the album cover at the bottom left of the screen and select "start radio" it works like a charm.

I hope this helps some of you.  I've tested this several times here and for me it seems to be the solution for now.

I have the same problem since today. Radio stations that have been working fine in the past cannot be heard any more and display the "sorry..." message. Others still play fine. Some play just three songs and start all over with the same songs if you try to play the station again.

It's the same on my MacBook Pro (OS 10.9.1), on my iPad (iOS 7.1) and on my phone (Android 4.2.2).

Please help!

Same problem here.  OSX 10.9.1.  Even radio stations by well-known artists like James Brown and Sara Bareilles are spitting that "Sorry..."  error message.

Same for me this morning...iOS and Mac app...

This has been escalated as an issue.

Peter

This is a problem on my Mac and my PC and with a wide array of artists--Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry, etc.  Thanks for letting us know it's been escaleted as an issue, Peter.

Same issue here. I can't even start big stations as Classic, Jazz, Rock. Sometimes it works.

Os X Lion.

Is it working again for you now guys?

Peter

Looks like it is working again now. Thanks.

It seems to be working ok by now. Thank you for the notification!.

ps: Os X Lion, Argentina.

Hi all, I am having a similar problem on spotify with the error message of This radio Station Cannot be started. But the weird thing is that I created about 4 different radio stations 3 nights ago from for example Amy Winehouse and Lorde , and listened to the stations for hours the other night. But when I go to access them today the error message comes up. Even though the stations have already been created.

Can anyone help with that?

Thank you

Anyone still having issues with radio now after a log out and back in again?

Peter

Suggested posts