Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sort albums by recently added

Solved!

Sort albums by recently added

No option to sort my albums by date added on iPad but I can on PC and android, why is this function not on iOS ?

thanks, grant

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Grant,

To sort albums by date added order on a ipad, using the iOS version of the spotify app is quite simple. While in the alnum tab of your music scroll up until you see a search bar with "filter" in the middle. Next to this bar you should see three small parallel lines. Tap on these and a menu should pop up with the option to have your albums in date added order. 

Hope this helped.

-Harry 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Yeah, the UI for this is pretty poor, but the Recently Added option is there - you wouldn't know it when you open the Filter/Sort By menu, but it's actually a scrollable popout - if you scroll down, you'll see a Recently Added sort option underneath Title and Artist, but invisible to start with!

The reason I say the UI is poor here is that there's absolutely no visual cue that you can scroll to see more options - the filter/sort menu is the same black colour as the full screen background, and there's plenty of extra room on iPad, so you might think that what you see is all (I did until I just read this thread). 

Spotify should adjust this menu slightly - outline it so that it's clear it's not taking up the fullscreen, or show some kind of scroll indicator, or indeed just resize it so that 1 extra option is just always shown. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi Grant,

To sort albums by date added order on a ipad, using the iOS version of the spotify app is quite simple. While in the alnum tab of your music scroll up until you see a search bar with "filter" in the middle. Next to this bar you should see three small parallel lines. Tap on these and a menu should pop up with the option to have your albums in date added order. 

Hope this helped.

-Harry 

Just realised I was not scrolling down to see the option, thought it was strange thank you !

Hi!

When doing so I'm only getting the "Title" and "Artist" filters, but no "Date Added".

Any clues?

Marked as solution

Yeah, the UI for this is pretty poor, but the Recently Added option is there - you wouldn't know it when you open the Filter/Sort By menu, but it's actually a scrollable popout - if you scroll down, you'll see a Recently Added sort option underneath Title and Artist, but invisible to start with!

The reason I say the UI is poor here is that there's absolutely no visual cue that you can scroll to see more options - the filter/sort menu is the same black colour as the full screen background, and there's plenty of extra room on iPad, so you might think that what you see is all (I did until I just read this thread). 

Spotify should adjust this menu slightly - outline it so that it's clear it's not taking up the fullscreen, or show some kind of scroll indicator, or indeed just resize it so that 1 extra option is just always shown. 

Hi matthewj!

Thanks for the info.

On one side I can't believe I didn't try that. On the other, I'm with you... pretty poor UI.

Did you create a feature request ticket or something?

Thanks

Dame here, on Ipad its missing.

On Iphon its there.

Why oh why!

D.

Hi BibooLaboom,

Check what matthewj said.
This is also true for iPads.

Cheers.

Woho, thanks! i was trying to follow his description earlier but this is so not reasonable that i didn't get it at first.. only now! Thanks for pointing it out one more time. Isn't that incredible, this kind of UI mistake? Spotify is the best but this is for people with x-ray eyes. Thanks once more!

Suggested posts