Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sort by Artist/Album

Sort by Artist/Album

I keep track of the music I listen to by making every album in to a playlist. Unfortunately this means that I end up with a big long list of playlists with no easy means of filtering or sorting by Artist or Album. I have to resort to scrolling up and down the list of Playlists to find what I might want to listen to.
If we were able to browse Playlists and Offline content by filtering by Artist and Album it would be very useful and it is something other music streaming services do really well.
7 Replies

i second the motion. also, why cant we just star artists to create a list of favorite artists?

I have the same problem. It used to be possible by going to follow and than click "followed artist" or something like that.

With the new update they got rid of is. This really annoys me because I don't always know what I want to listen and like to browse through artists.

If this doesn't get fixed I am going to end my subscription.

Has there been no indication of whether this feature will be added? I can't imagine it would be that difficult would it... 

Are there plans to add this?

With My Music, you can add Songs/Artist/Albums and it will appear under the right category.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Oh woops, sorry. I realized I posted in the wrong thread... Meant to post to this one about sorting by "Album Artist."

I like to chime in here with my two cents. I'm using the application on my computer because I have a great sound system connected to it. It boggles my mind that I cannot sort by artists, by date, or by title. This is such a basic computer function, and not having this blows my mind. What the **bleep** are these people thinking? Really guys, 2021 and were still not providing the most basic computer functions? Come on, Spotify developers, give us the basics, please.

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

@rat2587, we recommend checking this artice on how to filter and sort your playlists. Keep in mind that this isn't possible on the web player.

If you have any trouble, could you send us a screenshot or video where we can see what happens when you try to sort your playlists?

Additionally, sending us the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device would come in handy. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts