Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sorting Features

Sorting Features

One of my favorite parts about the desktop version of Spotify is the ability to sort tracks into various orders. The app versions should all have this feature also, as well as the A to Z scroll bar. Finding music in a playlist can be annoyingly difficult on your phone, and sometimes it's just easier to look the song up. It's a little thing, but it would really help 🙂
3 Replies

Hopefully this will appear in the future, its already possible to sort a playlist on Android!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I can alphabetically sort songs within a Playlist, but it doeasn't retain the sort order and reverts some sort of randomness every time I exit the list and return.  It probably isn't random, just looks that way, I think it's probably the order in which the songs were added.

I've tried to search this, but I can't find any specific references to the inability to retain a search order - surely I can't be the only person who would want this feature?

Hello, I just switched from android to iOS and i was suprised to find out you cant sort songs in playlist. Android app has a button next to filter field but said button is mowhere to be found on iPhone. This basically renders app useless for me as I use single playlist with 1,5k songs at the moment ("solution" of manually ordering songs is out of question) and mostly I want to access recently added songs (at the very bottom of really long scroll). Looking for info on the issue I've found threads relating to this back in 2012 - this is just plain sad that's it's still not implemented, you guys just lost a lot in my eyes. It's REALLY basic functionality which should be here since day 1, eot. And given the outcry from users, and issue still being ignored for that long I am really considering switching my music app.

Suggested posts