Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sound quaility difference between Iphone App & Deskrop with Airplay

Sound quaility difference between Iphone App & Deskrop with Airplay

Hi, 

I've been noticing a difference in sound quality when streaming spotiy to my airport express between the iOS App and the Desktop on my Macbook - The iOS app seems more compressed, with less definition especially in the high end. The desktop sound seems to have more depth in general.

I have premium and settings on both devices are at max. quality with audio normalization off.

It seems kind of weird to me as both devices send over the information digitally to the airport express - the DAC of the airport express sends it to my hifi set-up. Why is there a difference?

are there any explanations/thoughts on this?

thanks,

G.

4 Replies

Maybe you forgot the the equalizer of your iPhone Spotify App open

It’s disabled.

For the last 2 weeks my iPod Touch has had horrible sound quality on higher kbps downlaoded songs. I put it on low quality and they sound way better. But either way my Android Pixel 3 sounds great but now my iPod sounds horrible like I said. I don't know what the deal is with there servers latley. 😕

I've experienced the same problem. The solution that works for me: on iOS you need connect to AirPort Express via AirPlay, open Spotify app, play any song, close Spotify app, open it again. Keep AirPlay connected and after reloading Spotify sound becomes much better.

Suggested posts