Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sound qualety change on Iphone

Sound qualety change on Iphone

When i change the Soundquality on my Iphone I have the Impression it dos`nt change.

I have my Playlists also enables for "Offline-Playing". Might this be the reason that it dos`nt change the Bitrate?

What can i do??????

1 Reply

Hi,

Often people can't tell the difference, because sometimes all it adds is freequencies that we can barely hear, but it almost adds more depth to the music. If you connected it to a frequency analyzer, you would probably see a change, but the quality chage is quite subtle.

You may find that you have set the stream quality to high or extreme but you have left the sync quality at normal instead of high or extreme, meaning your offline playlists will be playing at normal quality. Bear in mind that if you change your sync quality to high or extreme, spotify will take up a lot more data on your device:

Normal: equivalent to 96 kbit/s

High: equivalent to160 kbit/s

Extreme: equivalent to 320 kbit/s

And also if you have your stream set to extreme, you may experience problems with the song stop starting if your internet is too slow, as it won't be able to download that much data fast enough.

You may also find that for example if your spotify extreme quality plays 10Hz to 30kHz, but your speakers and/or headset only is compatible with 17Hz to 17kHz, then even if spotify sends the data of 10Hz-30kHz, your headphones will only play the 17Hz-17kHz range, as they are unable to play the rest of the range. So do check the sound range on your headphone/speaker compared to what spotify will output.

I personally have mine set to extreme for stream and normal for sync, as there isn't a huge difference, and in my opinion it isn't worth taking up all the memory.

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Suggested posts