Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spontaneous stopping/silencing/speeding up of songs and general glitchiness in the realm of playback

Spontaneous stopping/silencing/speeding up of songs and general glitchiness in the realm of playback

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 11.2.6

My Question or Issue

The title gives you the gyst of what’s going on, but there’s just a general glitchiness that happens about once every 2-3 minutes when trying to listen to music on spotify. For example: I’ll be listening to a song on my headphones or through a bluetooth connection to a car and suddenly the music will stop. I check the player and it says the song is still going and the volume is at a normal level. I attempt to fix the problem by unplugging headphones, pausing and unpausing, and trying to move to a different point in the song until eventually i decide to restart the application which usually fixes the problem. It should also be noted that in my troubleshooting process which occurs every time this happens (which is quite often) I will often run across a bug in which I can play the music but it’s playing like 2 or 3 times faster than it should be. It should ALSO be noted that i can usually suppress this issue by going offline and playing downloaded songs, however I have not been able to find a reliable “fix” to this issue.

If any additional information is required i will be happy to supply it, and accept all help that can be offered with open arms.

1 Reply

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. I'd also recommend updating your iOS to 11.4.1, which is the latest official version, as I checked you had 11.2.6 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Suggested posts