Plan

Premium

Country

Device

iPhone x

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

When i have Spotify open on my phone and turn the phone off, IT starts playing a song.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Vebjornwoldmo! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound cool.

Have you tried reinstalling your app to see if that fixes this issue? If not here's a step by step tutorial.

Let me know how it goes!

Peace

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Vebjornwoldmo! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound cool.

Have you tried reinstalling your app to see if that fixes this issue? If not here's a step by step tutorial.

Let me know how it goes!

Peace

Thanks! It worked 🙂

@Vebjornwoldmo 

You're welcome! ^^

Peace

Happens for me too in version 8.5.2.666 (iOS).  It’s pretty consistent from what I can tell. 

J

- play an album on the phone speaker for a bit then

- pause it from the iOS lock screen

- turn off the phone using the side button

the albums starts to play again immediately when the screen turns off. 

My workaround has been to kill the app before shutting off the phone and that seems to take care of it. 

The solution in this thread to delete the app is a terrible one and very inconvenient (especially that I’m travelling and have some offline music loaded up for the plane). I would appreciate an actual fix for this. 

Hi, 

Mine has been turning on at random moments throughout the day n night. Also when im playing a playlist it radomly plays other songs that arent on the playlist. Its starting to get annoying. I have uninstalled several times n it keeps on doing it. Please help!

Hey there @Lulu11, @sebdmartin

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this.

Just to confirm, have you guys tried the clean reinstall instead of the regular one? We recommend the clean reinstall as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. This step usually tends to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. 

It's also a good idea to log in to your account on a different device, just to check if the issue might be device-related. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

Suggested posts