Spotift Connect stopped working

Solved!

Spotift Connect stopped working

Benm27
At one point, this was a couple months ago, both my iPhones had spotify connect. I was able to play music off one iPhone and then control that iPhone with another iPhone over wifi or cellular. It worked great when I wanted to play things of my sound system but walk around. But after an update that went away and I'm not sure why. Did spotify disconnect this feature?? Please help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution! 1 person liked this

Re: Spotift Connect stopped working

Liam
Community Legend

Hi @Benm27 and welcome to the community!

Spotify connect is a beta feature, that should only be open to registered Beta testers. If you had it, there was likely a mixup with the accounts, and you accidentally got the feature.

An update probably fixed the issue with people getting it that shouldn't, so it was removed.

Liam

2 Replies
Solution! 1 person liked this

Liam
Community Legend

Hi @Benm27 and welcome to the community!

Spotify connect is a beta feature, that should only be open to registered Beta testers. If you had it, there was likely a mixup with the accounts, and you accidentally got the feature.

An update probably fixed the issue with people getting it that shouldn't, so it was removed.

Liam

Highlighted

poisike
Roadie
Benm27: try uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify app. I have seen someone else in forum with the same problem after updating. Uninstalling and reinstalling fixed the problem.
SUGGESTED POSTS