Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify 1.1.0.2549 unresponsive after screen lock iPhone 4s

Solved!

Spotify 1.1.0.2549 unresponsive after screen lock iPhone 4s

Hi! 

Spotify IOS app version 1.1.0.2549 is showing some annoying quirks for me.

I have an iPhone 4s with IOS version 6.1.3

Play song -> Lock screen -> Unlock screen -> Spotify shows up instantly but is 100% unresponsive for about 10 seconds.

Pause song.

Go to Settings -> About -> Lock screen -> Unlock Screen -> Spotify shows up instantly but is 100% unresponsive for about 8 seconds.

These problems did not exist in the prior version 5.x

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Try logging in and out a couple of times, and if that does not work, reinstalling the app.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Vyxl,

Thanks I already did & it works perfect so far.  The Spotify icon now lives on the main screen instead of at the bottom line with meassages; phone & contacts, so something is different about the way it was installed.  Good for now though, cheers. 

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Does giving you device a quick restart by holding the home and lock buttons together until the Apple logo appears on screen make any difference?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Tried rebooting. 

Now after screen unlock, it responds to the first touch, such as pause for example, but will then become unresponsive for 10 seconds again.

If i go home, and press spotify again, it becomes unresponsive for 9-10 seconds again.

Now, after screen unlock, it is back to being unresponsive for 10 seconds.

I was using Spotify on an iPhone 4 and experienced the same issues of lag, however I've found it to be more responsive after the update! But then I found it to becoming quite unresponsive the more songs I would sync offline and incidentally less space on my device. How much space do you have left on your iPhone 4S?

Avid Spotify Premium user, treehugger, audiophile.
Spotify Premium since July 2011.
Sold 10 (and counting) Spotify Premium accounts since and refused commission.

Same here . Really annoying.

3 gb left.

Me too!!

This thread is outdated, there's Spotify 1.3 right now.. Head to the App Store and update your apps.

The app shouldn't be just as lag anymore.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

@jeremygoh wrote:
This thread is outdated, there's Spotify 1.3 right now.. Head to the App Store and update your apps.

The app shouldn't be just as lag anymore.

Thanks, but I do have the latest Spotify app.  That's the problem!  Two apps ago, it worked perfectly.  It's nearly unusable with as much as 1 min delay with any action after screen lock or sleep.  Once in a session it works okay.  Annoying!

Okay then, so I uninstalled & reinstalled Spotify free for my iphone 4s & so far it's working perfectly.  Thanks for any suggestions people.

Marked as solution

Try logging in and out a couple of times, and if that does not work, reinstalling the app.
Marked as solution

Vyxl,

Thanks I already did & it works perfect so far.  The Spotify icon now lives on the main screen instead of at the bottom line with meassages; phone & contacts, so something is different about the way it was installed.  Good for now though, cheers. 

kudos to @user-removed again! yay!
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Great! glad to have helped. I'm pretty sure you can move the Spotify icon back to the bottom line with messages and phone etc... by holding the icon for a couple of seconds until all icons on the screen start shaking. Then you can just drag and drop the Spotify app back down to the bottom line.

Suggested posts