Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify App for iOS4 in UK

Spotify App for iOS4 in UK

I had to reinstall Spotify app on Iphone 3G running IOS 4.2.1 (8C148). After much going round in crcles I reached a point where it said that the App for IOS4 is not available on the App Store in the UK. It was working happily last week. How do I reinstall this app? If it cant be reinstalled now it seems a bit lame for Spotify not to point out to Premium customers that it was just going to vanish.

4 Replies

Spotify for iOS 4 has been removed from the app store because it is *meant to* allow you to download the last compatible version of the main Spotify application from App Store > Purchased. 

It doesn't appear to always work though, and currently although we have been shouting the community rock stars haven't been able to find a solution I'm afraid. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi, I just wondered if this problem had been fixed at all because I'm having the same problem?

About two weeks ago the app on my iPod Touch started to only play the first minute of every song and then stop even though it wasn't paused. I found another thread that said to uninstall and re-install the app and it would work but now I can't get the app on my iPod at all because my iPod runs iOS 4.2.1 not iOS6 needed for the newest version of the app even though I updated that about a week ago and it installed the newest version onto my iPod.

The help section then said to install the app for iOS 4 from the App Store which obviously doesn't exist anymore.

I'm so annoyed it's ridiculous!

Thanks 😃

There is a work around which is reported to work here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Spotify-for-iOs-4-no-longer-in-the-a...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter,

Thanks for that. I tried to make a US iTunes account to download the app but I had to put in a US address even if I put 'None' for credit card unless I'm meant to make one up which I'm sure I'm not allowed to! 😃

I did e-mail Spotify and they got back to me quite quickly but just said they don't support iOS 4 anymore which doesn't help.

Thanks

😃

Suggested posts