Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect Issue Pioneer VSX-1023-K

Solved!

Spotify Connect Issue Pioneer VSX-1023-K

Before the iOS spotify app update ver. 0.9.1.230, I was able to choose my receiver "Pioneer VSX-1023-K" on my phone's spotify app. I would click the "connect" button after playing a song and I would see my receiver listed. Once I clicked on my receiver, it would automatically start playing on my receiver. Now after the newsest version update that doesn't work, it just says, "Connect is a Premium feature..."

I now have to manually go to network on my receiver, choose spotify, hit play and sometimes my audio comes through the receiver. 

Anywhere on this Spotify site to file a bug report? Anyone else have this issue after the latest iOS update?

Thanks!

-Spotify Premium "active"

-iphone 4s software ver. iOS 7.0.4

-iOS Spotify app ver. 0.9.1.230

-Pioneer Receiver VSX-1023-K firmware ver. s9294.4004.1066

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There have been a few other reports of this being fixed by a reinstall. Can you try reinstalling the app? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Do you have Spotify premium? 

Peter

Yes. I have Spotify premium. That's what I thought at first, like my account lapsed, but my account is active.

Marked as solution

There have been a few other reports of this being fixed by a reinstall. Can you try reinstalling the app? 

Peter

I'll try a reinstall tonight and see how it works. 

thanks!

Ah! I was having the same issue with my ipad to my Pioneer XW-SMA4 and a reinstall has resolved it.

Such a simple fix, i feel silly for not trying it. It was working fine from my Android, should of guessed.

Thanks guys.

@mutleh - "Working" is what we like to hear! 😄

@drivebylake - Did you manage to give the reinstall a try? 

Peter

App reinstall worked for me too! Thanks.

Hi,

I'm back with my issue again of not being able to "connect" to my Pioneer VSX-1023-K receiver using spotify connect.

I have spotify premium and have tried reinstalling the spotify app on my iPhone 4s. 

*Only difference now is my iPhone has iOS ver 7.0.6 and my Spotify app is ver 0.9.3.212 now. 

Anyone else have spotify connect issues with their receiver? fixes?

Thanks a bunch!

-Spotify Premium "active"

-iphone 4s software ver. iOS 7.0.6

-iOS Spotify app ver.  0.9.3.212

-Pioneer Receiver VSX-1023-K firmware ver. s9294.4004.1066

Have you tried to shut down your device? When I have problems with connecting to Pioneer speaker, I need to retry. Then it works.

Also try to change input.

Hello, 

I have a pioneer vsx-s510 receiver with Spotify Connect.  Spotify works, but i'm still having a lot of issues i'm not experiencing when using Spotify connect between other devices, e.a. iPad/iPhone of even with the new beta Desktop app for Mac wich supports connect now also. 

The issues i'm experiencing are 

- Slow response in changing songs (1 or 2 seconds on the pioneer receiver, while it is instant beteween iphone/ipad/desktop)

- Stutter at the start of a song (not happening on ipad/iphone/desktop)

The receiver is has a wired connection to my network, while all other devices are connected over WIFI.  I'm not experiencing any other network problems.  These problems may not seem like such big issues, but it becomes annoing and make me go back to my good old Sonos players which never have these problems. Am i the only one with these problems? Pioneer say's they can't help me, and there hasn't been a software update in a year 

I'm tired of how the Spotify Connect. I have a Premium account , Sony Xperia Z2 / Asus Transformer Prime and the PIONEER VSX- 923 -K . Cooperation is tragic . Tracks switch after a few seconds , the reaction volume the same - it would have to bear. Unbearable , however, is the continuous jamming tracks . It is unacceptable that so worked. There is no problem with communication with the AVR using other applications , everything works smoothly and properly. AVR is connected to the router via the LAN , the Internet has a speed 80MB . I demand to solve this problem ! Listening to music is relaxing me , not maddening . I would add that reinstalling the application does not help. It does not matter a mobile device ( Android ) with which it operates.

Goodbye Spotify ... do not solve problems. You show that you have customers in the ass ... I'm going to Tidal .

Suggested posts