Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect crashes while using an iPhone 5 and PS4

Solved!

Spotify Connect crashes while using an iPhone 5 and PS4

I just started experiencing this issue after the last app update (and activated my premium account). The app on my phone crashes out at random times when I am skipping a song while I am controlling Spotify on my PS4. This is the only time I have ever really experienced constant crashing with Spotify and I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. 

To be clear, its the app on my phone that crashes, not the PS4 Spotify (the songs keep playing). But, I can't start up the app again, without it crashing out until I turn Spotify off on my PS4.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey guys! 

Just a quick update - the new iOS app (3.3.0) went live today and this should be fixed. If you could try updating to the latest version and let us know if this is still happening. 

Thanks. 

View solution in original post

12 Replies

I have the same problem on my iPhone 6 and it did seem to start after the last update. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same problem

Hey guys, I've flagged this as an issue to the Spotify staff. Will let you know when we have an update.

Thanks!

Could you guys please try the following?

- Try restarting both devices
- Try reinstalling on both devices
- Try resetting network router

Should these not help with the issue, could you please post back with the following?

- The version of Spotify you're on?
- The version of iOS you're using
- How much available space you have on each device?

Thanks!

Ok, I have performed all the steps as you instructed, power cycling all of my devices involved along with the router and reinstalled spotify. The crashing issue is still a problem. I fired up spotify connect with my iPhone and my PS4 and i'd say i got 4 songs in, tried to skip one and it crashed out the iPhone app again.

I am using Spotify for iOS Version 3.2.0
The available storage space on the iPhone 5 is 1.3 GB
The available storage space on the PS4 is 392.2 GB

Thanks for the response and for looking into this matter, I hope you can get it sorted out soon, as I have used this feature a lot since Spotify was released on PS4.

Thanks for that, I've taken note of your response and will flick this back to the team. Will let you know when I have an update for you.

Hi I've got the same issue of Spotify cutting out, though I am using an iphone 6 plus

I am using Spotify for iOS Version 3.2.0.1554
The available storage space on the iPhone 6 is 79.3 GB
The available storage space on my laptop is 596 GB

Spotify works fine on the laptop. If I try to play music on the iphone, the track is correctly identified & the laptop recognises that I am "playing" the track on my phone. But the result is silence - and yes, I have the volume turned up.! Just for the record, itunes plays fine.

I am a recent Premium subscriber and big Spotify fan - you can imagine the big hole in my life right now.

Roger

Hey guys! 

We're currently looking into this for you. To confirm - does the same thing happen if you do a full restart of your PS4s?

Let us know and we'll continue to investigate. 

Yes, even after a full restart of the Playstation 4, my spotify app still experiences the same issue and crashes. Its been apparent since the last app update. Before that, I never once experienced this problem.

Thank you for looking into this for those of us dealing with this crash, it can be really frustrating at times.

Marked as solution

Hey guys! 

Just a quick update - the new iOS app (3.3.0) went live today and this should be fixed. If you could try updating to the latest version and let us know if this is still happening. 

Thanks. 

Hey, James, I updated to the 3.3.0 iOS app, played around with spotify connect with the iphone and PS4 for close to an hour now and everything with the app seems to be holding with no crashes! So, it seems you guys fixed this particular problem. I, personally, really appreciate you guys' help with solving this matter, it was really frustrating. Now I can freely surf the app without the worry.

Thanks again.

My friend has the iPhone 6+ and the current version of spotify.Music search is not working, none of his playlists are in the app and the only thing he sees is the shuffle button. We've mad sure the ap was up to date, uninstalled and reinstalled, powered off and on again, and checked to make sure cellular for the app is on. He only logs in on his phone. Recommendations?

Connect on PS 4 runs flawless now with iPhone 6.

But I still can't connect my iPhone 6 with Connect on Fire Tv. A few weeks ago, everything worked fine. But now, as soon as I try to connect to Fire TV, the Connect App keeps crashing. Reinstalling and cleaning cache does not solve the problem.

Suggested posts