Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect does not work anymore with Sony BDP-S 6700

Spotify Connect does not work anymore with Sony BDP-S 6700

Premium

Austria

Device

Ipad, iPhone 6

Operating System

IOS

Since a few days I cannot connect anymore to my Sony BDP-S 6700, which worked excellent in the last years. Does anyone face similiar issues or has an idea.

Greets, Günther 

My Question or Issue

Top Answer
klasw
Regular

Hallo!

I have hade same problem, after firmware update on the Sony BPD-S6700.  What I did was setting host name the same as it is on the Sony BPD-S6700 in my router (I had there; Sony BPD-S6700). The host default host name on the Blue ray player is actually only; BPD-S6700. 

Then it connects without any problem!

So the Blu Ray is sensitive for that you have same host name every ware, on router and in Spotify app on mobile/computer app. My  router did not detect default name, so I had to write it in manually (and set dedicated IP), and did the mistake to write in ; Sony, also. 

You can bay the way also change host name on the Blue Ray player if you want, might be good if you want to bee more anonymous and secure on the network. 

Hope this help!
Klas

26 Replies

Hey there @Schul,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

Can you try restarting your router to see if that makes a difference for you?

We'd also recommend giving this a try on a different network, for example you can start a hotspot of your phone and use that network.

Lastly, could you check your 3rd party apps that are connected to your profile here and, if you see the speaker, unlink and link it again to refresh the connection.

We'll be on the lookout for your response.

Thanks!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having the exact same problem here in France! I have tried restarting and reinitializing everything. The connection worked only by having the Spotify app open on the blu ray player, but before the player just had to be on to connect to spotify. 

i will try on a different network and report back. 
I really want to fix this problem!

Hello, thanks for your replies

I tried now the following

1. Reset Sony BDP-S 6700 to factory default settings and disconnected the device from the power supply for several minutes
  2. Sign out from Spotify on all devices and uninstalled the Spotify App from the iPad
  3. Rebooted the TP-Link Omada network controller
  4. Rebooted the iPad, reinstalled Spotify App and signed in
  5. Connected BDP-S 6700 with the network (WLAN)
  6. Connected the BDP-S 6700 with the Spotify App

This worked and also connecting to the Sky Q receiver and reconnecting back to BDP-S 6700 worked, BUT

When I shut the BDP-S 6700 on standby and restarted it the BDP-S 6700 showed up in the list, but DID NOT CONNECT. After the first attempt the BDP-S 6700 did then even not show up in the list…

kr, Günther

So I think I may have fixed my problem, at least I have made it work for now.
After doing all the same things that Gunther mentioned, And having the same results, Idid try it with a different network (smartphone hotspot) which did solve the problem.
But it wasn’t a permanent solution, for obvious reasons.
I ended up reinitializing (factory reset) my internet boxes, and then also changing the password for the network.
Since I reconnected everything, without making any other major changes, it works as before.
Hope this helps Gunther ! And feel free to ask me any questions I might be able to help with. I know how frustrating this can be !
All the best,
Evan

I have the same problem. This is unpleasant. I’ve spent a lot of time with this bdp-6700

I'm not suggesting that my solution is the only one, but since changing the wifi password and doing a factory reset on all the devices, I have not experienced any problems with my connection. I hope that helps some !

Hey all, thanks for your tips. The only thing that worked for me (until 2 days ago) was restarting the modem before I switch on the Blueray Player. This doesn´t work anymore as well. I already tried factory reset. I think it´s rather a problem with the blueray player, but I don´t think there was an update. I can also see the blueray player in Spotify connect, BUT it doesn´t connect. Any further ideas are much appreciated.

Hey there @minai,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

As resetting your router/modem seems to temporary fix the issue, then this could be a situation related to your specific local network setup. Have you tried also the suggestion given by @eu1n6_ha-53sv earlier, to actually reset your routers and also network passwords, to see if this will make any difference for you. To be sure this is network related, you can also try using a different network (like a hotspot) to see if this behavior will occur again, or it'll work and connect to your Blu-ray player as expected.

Let us know how things work out, we'll be keeping an eye out for your reply.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, I have the same problems. I made a factory reset on internet router and bluray player, but it doesn't work. Changing the WLAN password makes no sense to me, because the Bluray Player is connected to LAN.

Hallo!

I have hade same problem, after firmware update on the Sony BPD-S6700.  What I did was setting host name the same as it is on the Sony BPD-S6700 in my router (I had there; Sony BPD-S6700). The host default host name on the Blue ray player is actually only; BPD-S6700. 

Then it connects without any problem!

So the Blu Ray is sensitive for that you have same host name every ware, on router and in Spotify app on mobile/computer app. My  router did not detect default name, so I had to write it in manually (and set dedicated IP), and did the mistake to write in ; Sony, also. 

You can bay the way also change host name on the Blue Ray player if you want, might be good if you want to bee more anonymous and secure on the network. 

Hope this help!
Klas

• Ok, I read a lot of temporary/permanent solutions for fixing this problem, which, by te way, is mine too. I will try a few myself.  But how about sueing Sony for this problem?  We are wasting a lot of time and resources on fixing a service that was provided on purchase and which doesn't work anymore because some shitty IT employees didn't do their job right. 

Actually my solution was not the solution. It still takes very long time to connect the Blu Ray player to Spotify. It might help out to set the host name right, but the solution is still the one mentioned in the topic tree, to restart the router. 

It is Sony bad firmware update that is the main problem, they need to fix it. I have Marantz surround receiver and it connect without any problems.

I full agree!
Sony make good hardware, but it is a shity company when it comes to keeping old software up to date.

Actually my solution was not the solution. It still takes very long time to connect the Blu Ray player to Spotify. It might help out to set the host name right, but the solution is still the one mentioned in the topic tree, to restart the router. 

It is Sony bad firmware update that is the main problem, they need to fix it. 

I wrote to Sony on their firmware update site, about this problem. Lets see if we got a new firmware update.

I may have proclaimed "victory" too soon, as I am once again unable to use spotify connect on my sony blu-ray player.

klasw, if you contacted Sony on a forum similar to this one, can you share the link ? that way we can share our problems as well and maybe have a better chance of getting a reaction from Sony.

Thanks !

Evan

I went to this url:  

https://www.sony-asia.com/electronics/support/home-video-blu-ray-disc-players-recorders/bdp-s6700

Then click on; Firmware update version M32.R.0527 for BDP-S6700Release Date: 12/03/2019
12/03/2019 

Then down on next page there is a link asking; was this information helpful, then I clicked ; no, and then I got web form to write in.  

/
Klas

Hi klasw and everyone here,

Had any feedback from Sony? Have the same problem, boring!

Hallo and excuse my late response to your question. 
No, nothing from Sony. 

Guss that the way to big companies runs today.

For sure sad, but the only solution is to  vote with your wallet.   

Suggested posts