Premium 

Country

Singapore 

Device

iPhone 8 Plus

Operating System

iOS Latest

My Question or Issue

I'd like to play Spotify easily on my Kanto TUK speakers, using my iPhone as a remote to control playback. TUK are powered speakers, but they don't have a Spotify Connect module, so I need an interim device. I picked Amazon Echo Dot to be this interim device. It has an audio out, from which I have connected the Echo Dot to my speakers via RCA cables. 

Now I need a simple way to recognize Echo inside my Spotify as a device. Echo is connected to my home Wifi, but somehow Spotify does not see Echo as an available device. 

What can I do to have Spotify recognize Echo and play music over wifi on Echo, which because of the RCA cable will actually play on my Kanto speakers? 

4 Replies

Hi there @NearlyNuble,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

If Amazon Echo is not appearing under Devices Available:

• Click Your Library > Settings > Devices. Under Devices, make sure ‘Show local devices only’ is toggled OFF
  • Try logging into Spotify on the Amazon Alexa app for full functionality

Let us know how everything goes 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

That setting in Devices (in Spotify) has always been off.

I’ve restarted my phone, cleared cache, and rebooted echo as well. 

On echo Spotify is the default music app. Not sure that matters. Alexa doesn’t play my playlists when I say “Alexa play (my playlist very unique name)”. Alexa has picked up the name correctly, but doesn’t find it. I am logged in as the same user and I’m on the same wifi on my phone as my echo dot of course. 

What else? 

Hey @NearlyNuble,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you try to clear the app data and reinstall the Amazon Alexa app on your phone.

After that try to unlink and relink you Amazon and Spotify account. Follow the steps here.

If nothing helps, let us know if you're having this issue with only that particular playlist.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

Sorry for digging up an old thread but how is the sound quality on the tuk's with the echo/Spotify connection like that? 

Suggested posts