Spotify Connect no longer working from iOS > Amazon Echo

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone XS

Operating System

iOS 12.3.1

My Issue:

When I go to "Connect to Device" from within the iOS Spotify App (8.5.7.601) I do not see my Amazon Echo Devices listed. I have to manually ask the Amazon Echo to connect to Spotify, "Alexa ... Connect to Spotify". I have to do this for each device I want to connect to from my iOS device.

If I end the session, the Spotify app loses the Echo device and I have to repeat the process for the next new session.

I do not have this problem with the Spotify Desktop app. The desktop app continues to see all of my Amazon Echo devices.

Chromecast still works as expected and the iOS app does not seem to lose the ability to connect to it.

3 Replies

I solved this issue, I am not sure what the root cause was but removing the app and reinstalling it solved the issue.

Damn you, Spotify!!!! I posted a long reply to this issue, laboriously typed on my tiny phone, and you lost it due to some screaming-red app error!!!!!

Basically: Same problem. Reinstall does not work.

Hey @bmelvin1,

Thanks for reaching out to us. No worries. Help is on the way.

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend the steps in that guide, as they’re very thorough and make sure no damaged leftover files remain. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

If that doesn't fix things it's a good idea to unlink your Spotify and Alexa accounts, reinstall the Alex app as well and relink them again. This Support Article can help.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts