Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect not available anymore (Marantz)

Spotify Connect not available anymore (Marantz)

Since a couple of weeks, my Spotify iOS app no longer shows my Marantz receiver as a selection option for Spotify Connect. I can still playback via AirPlay to the receiver, but then I stream via the iPhone. 

Can you please fix this, and make Spotify Connect detected and working again from the iOS app?

One of the main reasons to pay for a Spotify Premium account for me is the Spotify Connect feature. If this is no longer working, I get disappointed with the product...

3 Replies

Hi!

I’m not entirely sure this answers your specific problem, but I’ve read that Spotify will stop supporting Connect on some olders speakers ans hifi equipment. See this article:

https://www.whathifi.com/news/spotify-kills-integration-some-older-hi-fi-and-av-kit

You can always check the Marantz website, they might have something on it in their support section. 

Best,

gerben

Hi Gerben,

Thanks for your reply!

My Marantz NR1605 is not that vintage yet, and also not mentioned in the Spotify support article (see quote below).

Sometimes, Spotify Connect works again, but then the next day it doesn't. Very frustrating...

[quote]

We're updating Spotify on the below models of Marantz speakers.

To ensure you're rocking the latest version and can use Spotify Connect, update your speaker's firmware.

Check the manufacturer's guide for details.

M-CR510, M-CR610, NA-11S1, NR1504, NR1604, SR5008, SR6008, SR7008, NR1603, SR5007, SR6007, SR7007, AV7701, AV8801.

[/quote]

Hi Gerben,

Thanks for the informational link!

The article did not apply to my more recent NR1605 though.

More recently, the problem appears to be gone, no clue what solved it. With the very frequent Spotify app updates it is also hard to tell if it was solved in the app.

Thanks anyway, Pieter

Suggested posts