Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect on my iPhone can't find my iMac.

Solved!

Spotify Connect on my iPhone can't find my iMac.

Hi all. 

according to the Spotify's FAQ I see that I can use Spotify connect to find my iMac and control it through the phone. is this correct?

I tried everything but iMac is not on the connected devices list and I can't find any settings on the computer. 

any help will be appreciated 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Right now the Spotify desktop app does not have the connect feature so you will not be able to use it with your phone.

Connect will be coming to a new version of the desktop app in the near future.

If you want to use connect on your Mac, you can download the new beta desktop app here

Keep in mind that this is a beta app and it might be buggy because it is still in testing and it doesn't include all the features the current app has.

The beta app will install as a separate app so you will still be able to use the current app.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Right now the Spotify desktop app does not have the connect feature so you will not be able to use it with your phone.

Connect will be coming to a new version of the desktop app in the near future.

If you want to use connect on your Mac, you can download the new beta desktop app here

Keep in mind that this is a beta app and it might be buggy because it is still in testing and it doesn't include all the features the current app has.

The beta app will install as a separate app so you will still be able to use the current app.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I don't believe the regular desktop application supports this yet, although I think the feature may have been rolled out to some users.

However, there is currently a Beta version of the application does include Spotify Connect support (both ways so you can also control Spotify on your mobile phone from your desktop). There are download links for this in the following thread:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Welcome-to-the-Desktop-Beta/td-p/932803

Thanks guys. I think the FAQ is misleading then as it has a "mac book pro" on the image. Spotify should remove that to avoid confusion 

thanks again both! 

whats is the best spotify remote for the iPhone you would recommed ?

@fanisp 

You can now control Spotify on your computer from your phone:

https://news.spotify.com/us/2014/11/07/connect-for-computers/

If you want more control, connect is fully integrated into the new beta desktop app. From the beta desktop app you can control what's playing on your phone from your computer. This control of both ways will be coming to the desktop app late this year or early 2015.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts