Premium

Country

BE

Device

Iphone, Desktop, Laptop, Denon HEOS

Operating System

iOS, Windows 11

My Question or Issue

Spotify Connect can now apparently only see devices that have the app open. I've tried it on my phone, desktop and laptop. They can all see each other as long as the Spotify app is open, but as soon as I close it the device disappears from the list.
The exception is my hifi system (Denon HEOS) which obviously never has the app open and is therefore never visible. As a result I have no possibility to listen to Spotify on my hifi anymore. This all used to work fine (the hifi could even be turned off and it would still be possible to connect to it from any device).

Any ideas ?

3 Replies

Hi @sgtkelly,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

If the app is fully closed (and isn't running in the background) on a device, that device will not show up in the list of available devices in Connect.

As for your Denon HEOS, could you check its WiFi settings and make sure everything looks good? Also, try running the Spotify app through the Denon HEOS app from your phone to see if that does the trick.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for your reply Yordan.

It seems to have sorted itself out. Seems to have been related to a new feature being pushed out that allows people who are on your network to also play stuff on your devices (I got the message about this shortly after experiencing the problem).

Everything working fine again now.

For information : the HEOS app doesn't do anything other than open Spotify when you tap the button for it, so it can't be used as a separate way to launch Spotify.

Hey @sgtkelly,

Thank you for keeping in touch.

We're glad to know that everything is working good by now. We appreciate the time you took reporting this issue and sharing this resolution.

If anything else comes up, remember that we're just a post away.

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts