Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect option to disable or I will be Cancelling by premium subscription

Spotify Connect option to disable or I will be Cancelling by premium subscription

Let me start by saying I have been a Spotify user from day one and always had a paid subscription however this will be changing if I am not given the option to disable this annoying and embarrassing connect. I was in a meeting the other day and my phone suddenly started to play music by itself from my son's play list. Very embarrassing and this should not be on by default with no option to disable.

It seems obvious to me what spotify is trying to do here my enabling connect by default this will force everyone who shares there spotify account with a family member or partner to get there own account to prevent situations like above happening . If this is the case spotify should have a family subscription model were you pay a little extra and your family can use your account independently.

Seriously Spotify you will loose a lot of paying customers if you don't sort this out soon and there are plenty of other providers out there providing a similar services with out these restrictions.
3 Replies

That must have been a shock for you! Rather than breaking spotify's terms by sharing your account, why not set up a free account for your son to avoid this happening?

What type of phone do you have? I can't start Connect on my iOS device unless Spotify is in the foreground.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I think a lot of people share there accounts with partners and family . Spotify should setup a shared family subscription model. I have tried the free option and the adverts are very annoying would rather pay.

Suggested posts