Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect volume increments issue on Onkyo TX-NR575E AV receiver

Spotify Connect volume increments issue on Onkyo TX-NR575E AV receiver

Just bought this amp, and immediately have an issue with Connect.

The amp has a volume setting levels from 0 to 100.

Playing music works fine, but the volume can only can only be changed with the iPhone volume buttons in 6-7 increments, instead of increments of 1 with the original remote.

Steps to reproduce:

- Open Spotify app, select the receiver and start playing music.

- Use the iPhone buttons to control volume. 

Expected result: With each press of iPhone volume buttons, the receiver volume is increased in increments of one.

Actual result: With each press of iPhone volume buttons, the volume is increased in increments of 6-7. The music is either too quiet or too loud.

This is a complete deal breaker for me as one main reason for buying the amp was convenient Spotify listening.

iPhone 6S, iOS 11.0.2

Reinstalled Spotify app, updated receiver firmware - no effect.

3 Replies

Clearly related to this issue: 

..as others have reported similar problems in the thread.

"Even when it doesn't directly jumps to max volume, there are way too few volume levels (steps) to precisely adjust the volume. But the "jumping to max"-problem is much more pressing."

Additional info: I've tried this with all my devices. iPhone, iPad, Mac.. All have the same volume increment issue when controlling the Onkyo volume.

Response from Onkyo:

"it is a normal behavor depending on the smartphone. The range between min and max is 100 steps in the Onkyo, but less in the iOS or Android. Therefoe the steps are different to match 0-100%. We do not have any influence on it."

So it looks like this one is up to Spotify to fix or work around in the iOS/MacOS app. Otherwise their usefulness as volume remote is limited by this.

Note: Logitech Harmony iOS app can control the volume normally in 1-step increments.

Suggested posts