Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect volume slider

Spotify Connect volume slider

It looks quite convenient to have volume control for Spotify Connect devices. It works well when connected to some average bluetooth speaker, but I use to play Spotify music on my home receiver, which is 800 Watt power. Volume slider is usually turned down to 5-7%, but it's too easy to accidentally move the slider and blow neighbours' ears. 

I would propose to create some kind of user-customisable limiter for connected devices. Additionally it looks reasonable to resize slider scale to make it control volume from 0% (MIN) to for example 20% (MAX, user-set), instead of 100%

Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 20.36.39.png
3 Replies

Hey, Have the exact same problem. They seem to recognize the problem on the phone where they removed the slider. But i would like as u have a max setting configurable that is saved with my user account or even preferably in the spotify connect device. So when friends come and connect they don't blow up my speakers!

Exactly the same with soundbar (320 watt).The usable sound volume is up to 10 from 100 scale slider - where 15 is very loud. It once happened that I turned on the music in the cellphone not knowing it was set to "connected to soundbar" - sudden bang of the music shocked my family at home. Fortunately they are not weak hearted.

Spotify might expect to be sued for users heart attacks caused by sudden bang of the music due to poor design of "sptify connect" volume control.

Same problem for me! Just nearby blew up my Soundsystem. This Feature without a Limiter can cause serious damage to Users Hardware! Very necessary to fix.... with a limiter it would be really Good Feature. Thx

Suggested posts