Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect?

Solved!

Spotify Connect?

hi, I'm trying to work out how to use spotify connect but seem a bit stumped. I wanna to control my ipad from my iphone but the two don't seem to 'connect'. Both have the latest versions of ios7 and spotify loaded and when I go to click on the 'connect' button it only gives me a volume bar for that device and not a list of devices that i can connect to... Is there something im doing wrong here, or is this not supposed to work quite yet. any ideas appreciated!!

Cheers

89 Replies

I didn't even know that a connect device looked at the play queue. Once you start a playlist, it streams direct from the servers and doesn't need to communicate with the controlling device. I suspect that that level of control would require streaming rather than Connect but I'm probably wrong.

EDIT

I just tested this out with spotiamp on my PC as it is easier to see what is going on when a track is added to the queue and it does add queued tracks to the end of the current playlist so I guess it should work. Might be worth getting in touch with Pioneer support, as Peter suggested.

Marked as solution

@Whistler wrote:

Can you confirm this is not an issue with other "connect" capable speakers / receivers? 

In that case i will also contact Pioneer. Maybe more of the issues i'm experiencing with "connect"  are related to the pioneer receiver rather than Spotify's implementation.

Cheers

I can queue several songs with connect on a Pioneer VSX-923 using an iPhone 5s with version 1.4.1334 of Spotify, edit the queue and have it play correctly after quitting the Spotify app.

Thank you for checking! I have contacten pioneer with this issue. Hoping for a response soon. I will let you know

After doing some more research i found the reason why i couldn't queue more than one song when using spotify connect. It seems this doesn't work when the "repeat" option is on. After disabling this option, i can queue as many songs as i want. Weird but true.... 

Hi All,

I’m  an owner of Yamaha RX-A730 and in last 2-3 days I was trying to connect my iPhone/iPad to Yamaha.

I’m using Linksys router with connections:

-          Wi-Fi connection for iPhone and iPad

-          LAN connection for Yamaha

I have Premium Spotfire account

Yamaha software was successfully updated and I have Spotify Icon available in menu.

I have access to Yamaha via IE Browser via IP address (192.168.0.15)

I have Yamaha AV Controller installed on iPhone and iPad and I’m able to use it to control Yamaha or to streamline music from iTunes

Issue

When I switch Yamaha to Spotify source and than I will open Spotify on my iPhone/iPad – then Spotify client is not able to detect Yamaha device.

As I mentioned AC Controller is working great and is able to get connection with Yamaha.

According to Spotify support site

https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/using-spotify-connect-with-your-yamaha-devi...

To get started, please make sure you've got a Spotify Premium subscription, the latest Spotify app and most recent Yamaha firmware.

You’ll also need to connect your Yamaha device and mobile device to the same Wi-Fi.

And regarding last statement, does it mean that I need to have Yamaha connected to my router via Wi-Fi and purchase Yamaha Wi-Fi adapter?

I saw that someone else had simillar issue but I didn't find any answer which could help.

LAN should work as long as WiFi and Wired are using the same subnet I would have thought. Does your router have a firewall?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

yes, firewall is on but I guess it's not an issue here as I'm able to play musing via connect from iPhone on Ipad in same network.

Also I installed Spotiamp on my notebook and from Iphone I'm able to control this device.

I think that the problem is that on Yamaha I don't see any place to register this device. Via Spotiamp I had to provide device id and password for my premium account. On Yamaha I don't have this option.

Any idea?

I need desperatly need some advice. My dad has got a Naim Unitiqute 2 with support for Spotify Connect. I installed the update for it myself today and I'm able to connect and play music through the Spotify app on my iPhone 6. However when my dad is trying to connect and stream music from his iPhone 5 to the Naim all he's getting is his computer on the list of possible devises to play from. The strange thing is that when I log into my Spotify account on his phone the Naim shows up under devices and plays fine. What is happening?

Hi,

Maybe you're a Premium user and your dad is not. Connect requires Spotify Premium.

Follow me

He is also a premium user.

Suggested posts