Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Download stops frequently and songs get red exclemation mark

Spotify Download stops frequently and songs get red exclemation mark

Hey there,

I have a few problems. I recently upgraded to the iphone5s and from 16 to 64gb mainly to please my appatite for music.

I have synchronised around 4000 songs and have about 1000 more to go and it was a hell. Every 2 minuts I need to activite my phone again because ''Spotify stops after 10 minuts of inactivity''. Well if you are connected to 3g I understand that it disconnects and 10 minuts is a decent time for WiFi but it doenst work that way. I spend days continiously tapping my home button to stay logged in.. [This problem also exists on my old iphone5.]

Next problem:

I recently added some techno/rave to a new playlist and it doesnt downoad. It gets a red exclemation mark and just doesnt work. I read in another thread that a reinstall of spotify might work but that would mean that I'd have to go through days of clicking my home button again..

Really not pleased with this 😕 Is there anyone able to help me out?

Edit; Note that iI have 40gb space left.

4 Replies

Spotify will only allow you to sync 3,333 tracks into offline mode from its catalogue (so that doesn't include local files you already own) which is the maximum number of tracks you are licensed to have offline on one device (and you can use up to 3 devices). 

As for pausing synching, I would suggest connecting your device to external power and that should stop the synching being paused. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Wow are you serious about that?? 😮 :((

I never knew that, would have kept me from upgrading to 64gb.. Why is that though?

Edit: its pretty **bleep**ed up to advertise with ''Now listen and download all your favorite spotify tracks on your phone with ... spotify premium!'' - atleast thats the rough translation from Dutch to English. IMO thats falls advertising because it just turned out you cant listen to all your favorite songs -,-

----------

• Ieder nummer, wanneer dan ook afspelen
  • Muziek downloaden & offline luisteren met hoge geluidskwaliteit
  • Geen advertenties en je zit nergens aan vast

----------------

Which translates to; 

You can play every song whenever you'd like to

Download music and listen to it offline with high quality!

I don't see this as false advertising as you technically can still download any song you want for use offline. Just because they limit the amount of songs that you can download at once doesn't mean that they are lying. I moved to Spotify from a 6TB library and still find that a 3,000+ song playlist is more than I could ever need at any given time. You can still have huge playlists, just not all downloaded at once.

3,333 tracks at approx 4 mins a track is 9 days of consistant playback, it comes down to licensing I'm afraid (as most things do). 

You aren't stuck with the same content though, if you want to sync something new just unsync some old stuff. 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts