Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Free Update Playlist View

Solved!

Spotify Free Update Playlist View

I'm using Spotify Free on an iPhone SE, with the recent automatic update. Now, I can no longer view which songs are on one of my playlists. When I select a playlist, it only shows me a Shuffle Play button, an Add Songs button, the names of recent song additions, and suggested playlists. This makes it impossible to delete or reorder songs, or to know if I've already added a version of a song to a playlist. 

I don't know what's going on, but I'm extremely unhappy with this update.  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @-eoq_sj84l7zs,

If you scroll down to the bottom of the 'You Added' list and click on the 'and more' button, it will show up with the full list of songs on the playlist. Unfortunately you cannot search/filter or sort the songs but they will all be there. 

I understand that this is incredibly frustrating and I suggest submitting an idea at https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/idb-p/ideas_live about what you want o be changed about the app.

If you need anything else don't hesitate to reply.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @-eoq_sj84l7zs,

If you scroll down to the bottom of the 'You Added' list and click on the 'and more' button, it will show up with the full list of songs on the playlist. Unfortunately you cannot search/filter or sort the songs but they will all be there. 

I understand that this is incredibly frustrating and I suggest submitting an idea at https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/idb-p/ideas_live about what you want o be changed about the app.

If you need anything else don't hesitate to reply.

Thank you for clarifying, and thank you for the suggestion!

Yeah no that still doesn’t work for me… Spotify has always been the worst with free memberships. Still can’t access my songs to move them the **bleep** out of Spotify 

This is the problem that I have too. I can no longer press the “and more” button to see what songs are on any playlists whatsoever, including playlists that I literally created. As someone who constantly adds and removes songs on my playlists, this is intolerable and infuriating. I can deal with ads, inability to queue, inability to select a song to play, and limited skips, but to not even be able to view my own playlists is too far. Spotify in general seems to be getting worse in their treatment of their free users. I will have no choice but to resort to another streaming service if this problem persists. 

Hey folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We’re aware of an Ongoing Issue causing the behavior that you describe. Rest assured that the team in charge is currently looking into it. In this case, we’d recommend adding your +VOTE to this Ongoing Issue. You can also subscribe to it by clicking the three-dot menu next to the title and we’ll keep you updated with any relevant updates there.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here to help.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

But what if the playlist is not urs

Hi there @H2OOO,

Could you please give us a bit more info on what you're referring to? A screenshot / screen recording which shows how things look on your end would also be greatly appreciated. That way we can get a clear understanding of what's happening on your end 🙂

Note that the previews of songs in playlists, albums, artist and track pages have recently been deprecated, if that's what you meant. We have a thread about this here where users continue to share their feedback, so feel free to check it out and jump in.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I could not see the list of songs in my playlists and I know I was able to see them before. I found the only thing that worked was to simply delete the app and redownload it. Suddenly everything was fine, and I could click on the “and more” link to see the list of songs. Hope this helps someone else!

Well that doesn't really work for me... The first month on spotify had been good but now I've been running into problems like asking for premium to turn off shuffle and my playlist going into one playlist. Has anyone got the same problems? Or any solutions, at least?

Hi @Smileyrock,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

First up, with Spotify free on mobile devices is not possible to turn Shuffle off, as this is a Premium feature. This means it is normal to see a message saying to try Premium to turn off Shuffle. You can check out this article where we have more details about how the free version works on mobile.

On another note, so we can verify, could you send a screenshot of how your playlists have gone to one playlist? We'll see what we can suggest. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts