Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Mobile Stops Playing after a few Songs

Solved!

Spotify Mobile Stops Playing after a few Songs

I'm running Spotify premium on iOS. 

I get this problem where no sound comes out after a few songs. The app itself still "plays" because I can see the pause button across the song's name but no sound comes out. It seems to do this after 3-4 songs. 

I've read through the forums but can't seem to find a valid solution for this problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@ckchua Nice! It's a nifty tactic! 😉

If it still doesn't work, I guess your music cache is corrupted, kindly do a clean reinstallation following the steps below:

Click into your Spotify App -> Logout from Spotify (Spotify app Settings -> Logout) -> [If you are on premium and have songs that are on available offline, click here: https://www.spotify.com/sg-en/account/offline-devices/ and remove all devices -> Go to iPhone Settings, General, Usage and Delete the app -> Go to App Store and download the Spotify app again.

Also clear off Safari’s Cache under iPhone/iPad Settings > Safari and Clear all of the caches.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey @ckchua Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Are you able to restart your device? This reboots the audio software chip on your iPhone, if it still doesn't work, simply logout and login into the app again and it will be okay.

Have a great weekend!
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Yeah I tried the on and off thing. The success rate is low. 

let me try the log in log off tactic and see what happens. Thanks!

Marked as solution

@ckchua Nice! It's a nifty tactic! 😉

If it still doesn't work, I guess your music cache is corrupted, kindly do a clean reinstallation following the steps below:

Click into your Spotify App -> Logout from Spotify (Spotify app Settings -> Logout) -> [If you are on premium and have songs that are on available offline, click here: https://www.spotify.com/sg-en/account/offline-devices/ and remove all devices -> Go to iPhone Settings, General, Usage and Delete the app -> Go to App Store and download the Spotify app again.

Also clear off Safari’s Cache under iPhone/iPad Settings > Safari and Clear all of the caches.
I'm here to shuffle!

So far its working well. Will clean install if it screws up again. Thanks!

@ckchua Chio! Happy to hear!
I'm here to shuffle!

If I use Chrome instead of Safari, does it affect the clean install process? 

@ckchua

It doesn't matter if you use chrome or not.. It doesn't affect anything. But the spotify client does use some safari elements that's why i told you to remove the safari cache too.

I'm here to shuffle!

@bryangoh the clean install worked. Thanks man!

So everytime it screws up I just repeat the process? 

@ckchua This will never happen again though.. But sometimes it does when the app upgrade between versions, and the cache is being migrated (where it faces some hiccups and things like that)
I'm here to shuffle!

Suggested posts