Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Mobile isn't scrobbling to Last.fm

Spotify Mobile isn't scrobbling to Last.fm

I have a Spoitfy premium account and iOS app version 0.9.7.2 on my iPhone 5S and noticed that the tracks that I listen to are not showing up on last.fm. Tracks that I listen to from the desktop client do appear to be scrobbling. 

I tried reentering my last.fm username and password (definitely correctly) in the iOS app settings, and the problem persisted. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and reentered my last.fm information without luck.

I'd appreciate any advice y'all can offer. 

14 Replies

Are you streaming online in the iOS application?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, streaming. I've tried switching from wifi to LTE and the same issue happens.

Weird, I can't test it at the minute not near my phone. Anyone else having issues?

It might be worth rebooting your device by holding the home and lock buttons together until the apple logo appears and then trying again.

Peter

Rebooting didn't sove the problem either. Any other advice?

Mine's working okay on iOS.

It's not ideal, but does a clean reinstall help at all?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I was having the same issue for months on both my iPhone 5 & iPad mini, both with jailbroken iOS 6.  Didn't notice it until Aug 2013, but pretty sure (based on my last.fm logs) that neither one had been scrobbling for a while.  

Last week, I did a completely clean update to stock iOS 7 (not jailbroken) on both the iPhone 5 & iPad mini, installed the latest Spotify iOS from the app store, put my Last.fm login/password & everything seems great now!  Previously, I had pretty much given up on it working so I'd forgotten to even try the on iOS 7.  

Anywho I know for the original poster, Last.fm settings were not the issue... but for future visitors be sure to check the settings in the Spotify iOS app under Social > Last.fm  

I created another last.fm account and could scrobble to that account from spotify mobile. What does this mean?

Does your original last fm account have any special characters in the username or password?

Peter

I've tried changing my last.fm password to one without special characters and this doesn't fix the problem. My username does not have special characters.

I don't know what happened, but it works now. Yay?

Hi, I have the same problem. Latest spotify version on latest iOS 7. Have entered user name and password for last.fm. But songs I listen to doesnt show up on last.fm. Works ok from the desktop application. What can I have done wrong? Anyone else seeing this?

@oske -- can you try changing your password at last.fm itself? It's worth also double-checking that you're entering both your username and password exactly, as last.fm details are case-sensitive, but Spotify usernames aren't.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Hi seems like it worked. Most likely I have been misspelling my password. Thought that spotify whould check and object if the wrong one was entered. Like on the destop app.

Thanks a bunch, now I can scrobble and collect statistics and finally know what i lisned to 2014, which my most played artist was, etc. Questions is when we would get this feature in Spoify it self instead. 😃

THanks again for the help.

hey, i've got the same problem with android

scrobbling is working when I play spotify on my PC

but when it comes to mobile phone -it doesn't 

what's going on? It's not about password (because on PC it works) 

Suggested posts