Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Mobile not letting me pick songs when connected to PC

Spotify Mobile not letting me pick songs when connected to PC

Since the latest update on mobile Spotify hasn’t let me use my phone to pick what specific songs I want to listen to when connected to other devices, PS4 and PC. I’m just curious if that feature was removed or something, since it was easily one of the best features of the mobile app (since the old UI that let you play just the saved songs you had by a specific artist)

iPhone 6, iOS 12.3.1, Spotify 8.5.16

4 Replies

I've been having this same problem since last week - trying to play music from my computer and the phone app crashing, yet I could still play shuffle on my phone -, but while writing a reply to this, I tried reinstalling Spotify again and playing music from my computer, and it worked! So maybe you just have to reinstall it a certain amount of times? I've probably reinstalled it 4 times. I doubt storage is an issue, because before and after this my storage has gone up and down. Good luck! If this problem comes back, I'll let you know!

Spotify app: 8.5.16. Phone: 5c. iOS: 10.3.3.

can you please explain what exactly happens when you try and pick songs and how you are doing it? Does pressing a songs do nothing? Or is the song list not available?

I'm not an iPhone user but this information would be helpful for anyone on iPhone that can help.

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Could you also update to iOS 12.4 to see if that helps?

@-writingfuture there's also an update for your 5c, iOS 10.3.4 Apple recently pushed to all users, please go ahead and update 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

The song list doesn't show up when connected to my device. I attached a screenshot to show the issue as well

The issue as a ScreenshotThe issue as a Screenshot

Suggested posts