Plan

Premium

Country

Device

iPhone Xs

Operating System

iOS 14

My Question or Issue

Recently when I have been playing music the app keeps opening a page on safari. Safari prompts "Open this page in Spotify?" When I tap "open", Spotify opens and then sends me back to safari. It goes through the same loop every time I tap "open". When I press cancel it sends me to a page that says "Sorry, could not find that." This  happens right when I open the app, when I skip a song, or  when I like/hide a song. I have tried to close and then reopen it, but the problem persists. I have reached out to friends who are also Spotify users and they are experiencing the same problem.

IMG_0690.PNG
IMG_0691.PNG
3 Replies

Hi there @vickycerrillos,

Thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that you're having such an experience with the app.

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow the steps from this Spotify Guide exactly, as this will assure that all app data is cleared completely, before reinstalling.

If this issue isn't gone after that, let us know your exact Spotify version along with the phone model and OS version, and if this is happening both on WiFi and mobile data.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

I completed a clean install of the app and the issue still happens. It seems to happen when I am on WiFi.

Spotify Version: 8.6.60

Phone Model: iPhone Xs

OS Version: 14.7.1

Thanks!

Hi @vickycerrillos,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop. 

To continue, please clear the cache and cookies of your Safari browser. Test the app again and see if the issue persists.

If it keeps happening, please send us a video showing how the issue happens. This will help us keep investigating.

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts