Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium - How free space from iPhone

Spotify Premium - How free space from iPhone

Hi,

I’m a premium user and I have the Spotify Version: 5.6.0.1110 installed in my iPhone.

My problem is that Spotify never clean space, when I change the “offline” setting of the playlist.

I also tried to uninstall completely Spotify from the iPhone, reboot the iPhone but the space used by Spotify (around 7.4 GB) never become available in the phone.

Someone can help me!??!

Thanks

Cheers

Piero

5 Replies

Hi @piopieri,

From what I can gather, you've tried turning the 'Available Offline' option off which results in Spotify saving a local copy. Turning this off should quickly releave any lack of storage issues you're having. However, make sure that you havn't got any other large playllists being downloaded! 

You've also tried deleting and reinstalling the app. Have you tried deleting it in settings? Go to the iPhone Settings>General>Storage & iCloud Usage>Manage Storage (under Storage, not iCloud)>Spotify>Delete App. This will force a deletion of all local data. Also maybe restart the phone before redownloading.

As a premium user, you have access to a range of music qualities. In Spotify settings, you can choose the offline playback quality. Reducing the quality will vastly reduce the amount of space taken up. 

If none of these work, try erasing all content and settings in the iphone settings. Be sure to backup to icloud or itunes before hand! 

Hope this helps

If this is a good comment, please give it kudos. If it solves your issue, please accept it as the solution.

Check out my playlists for some new music - follow so I can check your music out too.

Hi piopieri,

From what I can gather, you've tried turning the 'Available Offline' option off which results in Spotify saving a local copy. Turning this off should quickly releave any lack of storage issues you're having. However, make sure that you havn't got any other large playllists being downloaded! 

You've also tried deleting and reinstalling the app. Have you tried deleting it in settings? Go to the iPhone Settings>General>Storage & iCloud Usage>Manage Storage (under Storage, not iCloud)>Spotify>Delete App. This will force a deletion of all local data. Also maybe restart the phone before redownloading.

As a premium user, you have access to a range of music qualities. In Spotify settings, you can choose the offline playback quality. Reducing the quality will vastly reduce the amount of space taken up. 

If none of these work, try erasing all content and settings in the iphone settings. Be sure to backup to icloud or itunes before hand! 

Hope this helps

If this is a good comment, please give it kudos. If it solves your issue, please accept it as the solution.

Check out my playlists for some new music - follow so I can check your music out too.

@Dylan_Grey

Yes, what I have tried to tun off the "available offline" for all my playlists, and NO one MB of storage was releaved.

I will try again to delete the the app using your method (from setting > General) and I will let you know.

thanks

regards

Piero

try and go to "your library" > "albums" and "remove" either single songs or the entire album.  this worked on my end, although only to limited extent.

I saw this video on Google: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn1DkgR2DZ0
I think it can tell you an effective way to free space from iPhone. Of course, the most commonly used methods naturally need not be said, such as unloading applications that occupy a lot of space, clearing unwanted files, and so on.

Suggested posts