Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium: Several issues

Spotify Premium: Several issues

Since 20 days I am a Spotify user, testing a premium account right from the start. Since the first day the iOS and the OS X desktop application are showing issues.

iPhone 6 (iOS 8.1.2)

• Spotify often stops playing at the end of a song. It doesn’t matter if the iPhone is offline or not. When I press start again, Spotify will beginn with the last song again and will stop playing at its end, if I do not skip forward.
  • Often I do not hear any sound, although the display shows Spotify running.
  • Spotify always starts playing after I finished or declined a telephone call – even if it was not running before the call. This is very annoying in situations when you can’t accept a call – and suddenly music is coming from the iPhones speaker…

I was told by Spotify Germany through Twitter, to re-install the App and to clean the iPhones cache. It didn’t help.

MacBook Pro (Late 2011, OS X Yosemite)

• On my MacBook Pro (the applications is quite slow. When I enable hardware acceleration, this problem is solved, but the MacBooks fan becomes quite noisy. This make the use of Spotify as background music at work quite senseless
  • I imported a iTunes list of 385 songs. In Spotify they appeared as 912 songs. I deleted the list and re-imported it – same result.

Having this issues, it’s quite unlikely for me to become a permanent premium customer.
Best regards

2 Replies

You should contact with Spotify Consumer Support filling this contact form, or tweeting to @SpotifyCares (ENG), @SpotifyAyuda (ESP) or @SpotifyAjuda (PT).

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Don't forget to check your Spam Box 😉

No, I won't contact Spotify Consumer Support. My first aim is to have a working streaming service, and not to fix bugs. My next step is to check out Deezer.

Suggested posts