Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium but not able to play music on Mobile (IOS)

Solved!

Spotify Premium but not able to play music on Mobile (IOS)

I've used a couponcode a few weeks ago to prolongue my spotify premium account, but I still can't use Spotify on my Iphone. Keep getting the message that I'm not Premium and should upgrade. 

Tried uninstalling, installing again a few times but no success. What to do??? Did I lost the time I had without Spotify Premium?

70 Replies

I have the same problem.My account says that i have premium but still doesnt let me play music on my iphone.

@michelleniever wrote:

I have the same problem.My account says that i have premium but still doesnt let me play music on my iphone.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post. Should get it going for you!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi, I jsut got the Spotify premium free trial to see if I like it on my computer but my iphone doen't register I have premium at all and I can't listen to the songs on demand it just will take me to another radio station. Can you help me fix the problem?

@Ashtonmorgan5 wrote:

Hi, I jsut got the Spotify premium free trial to see if I like it on my computer but my iphone doen't register I have premium at all and I can't listen to the songs on demand it just will take me to another radio station. Can you help me fix the problem?

I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post. (Be aware Spotify is currently offline due to a technical fault, see this topic.)

Peter

Peter

Hi, same problm for me. Just spent £10 on spotify premium because i want to use it on my iphone. The iphone thinks I haven't got spotify premium. This means that my phone is either 'not smart' or spotify's a joke

@tom112 wrote:

Hi, same problm for me. Just spent £10 on spotify premium because i want to use it on my iphone. The iphone thinks I haven't got spotify premium. This means that my phone is either 'not smart' or spotify's a joke

If you are still having issues, I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post sometimes iOS devices just need a little push to get going for some reason.

Peter

Peter

I too have upgraded to premium and cannot get my spotify app on my phone to recognize that. I have followed all suggestions and instructions offered here in the forum MULTIPLE times to no avail. Any further ideas? I would really like to get this resolved. I prefer your service but I'm about to go check out Rhapsody. Liking Spotify better doesn't matter much if I can't use it.

@luckknows - Is your account showing as premium on your online overview?

Peter

Peter

Peter,

No it isn't. WHY? I signed up days ago now. Gave all my credit card information. Got a confirmation email. ???!!! Really not liking the idea of having to give my cc# AGAIN. How many times should I need to do that? When I roll past the free trial am I going to be charged more than once a month if I do?

Appreciate your help, thanks.

@luckknows - Don't subscribe again, you will probably end up being double billed if you do.

If your account is showing as free then you are not logging into the account you have really subscribed on. Its amazingly easy to accidentally have two accounts, one with a Spotify username and another using your Facebook details - so check your login details. If you can't find your premium, you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to help track it down.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Hey Peter,

Well.... I'll try to sluth that out. I log in the same way every time, and I never use the FB log in. But, I'll check it out anyway. We do have two Spotify accounts in our house - my husband has his own, not premium, but they use two entirely different email accounts. Mine is gmail and his is yahoo. I have logged out and relogged in many times using MY gmail account so I don't really know how anything could have gotten confused, but I will go check it out very carefully.

Thanks again.

Suggested posts