Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium desktop library not on ipad

Spotify Premium desktop library not on ipad

Hi,

loving spotify premium on ipad and on tivo, however how do I get access to my library from the desktop version on the ipad version..? I have synced my itunes library to spotify on the desktop and its all good, so why can't i do it on the ipad version...?

any ideas anyone..!?

cheers,

Jim

1 Reply

When you install Spotify on a computer, your iTunes playlists are imported, and any local music files (in default locations). You can play the files using those playlists. You'll also find them in your Local files list.

The playlists imported are made a part of your Spotify playlists. These are stored at our end, and you can see them when you log into your Spotify account on any installation of Spotify (eg your iPad). However, the music files themselves are not uploaded to our servers. They remain on the computer, as Local files.

If Spotify can match any tracks in the iTunes playlists with tracks in the streaming catalogue, you will be able to play those tracks on your iPad. 

You can sync your local files to your iPad like this:

1. Make a playlist on your computer containing music from your Local music files
    - You have already done this. They are the imported playlists
  2. Connect your computer and iPad to the same WiFi network
    - Local file sync is done over wi-fi
  3. Set the playlists as offline playlists in the Spotify iPad app
  4. They will start to sync

Suggested posts