Announcements

Spotify Premium on my iphone won't play anything when my headphones are plugged in.??

Highlighted

Spotify Premium on my iphone won't play anything when my headphones are plugged in.??

Regular
Spotify won't play anything when I plug my headphones in. It just stopped working out of the blue. Why?
38 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Spotify Premium on my iphone won't play anything when my headphones are plugged in.??

Community Legend

Does the built-in music app play through the headphones?

Highlighted

Re: Spotify Premium on my iphone won't play anything when my headphones are plugged in.??

Regular
Yeah iTunes plays and other apps play sound. It's inky spotifu that wont. The song won't even play. Stats at 0:00
Highlighted

Community Legend

Are you saying that it plays through the internal speaker if you unplug your phones?

Highlighted

Regular
Yeah. But doesn't play at all when the headphones are in.
Highlighted

Community Legend

I don't use an iphone so I'm about out of ideas but @Peter__ is an expert on iOS and will be along shortly. I'm sure he'll know the answer 🙂

Highlighted

Regular
Ok thanks.
Highlighted

Community Legend

As summoned 😉 

What kind of headphones are they? Does it work if you use the standard iPhone headphones? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Regular
I've tried an aux cable into my car stereo and
My standard iphone 5s headphones.
Highlighted

Community Legend

That is very strange, if you start playing a track, then connect headphones does it work? (I know when you unplug headphones it auto pauses sometimes, so you might need to hit play again).

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

SUGGESTED POSTS