Spotify Premium on my iphone won't play anything when my headphones are plugged in.??

Highlighted

Re: Spotify Premium on my iphone won't play anything when my headphones are plugged in.??

Haris
Casual Listener
I've reinstalled the app Three Times today hoping it Would work.
I've Tried Three headphpnes. Standard iPhone 5, koss and a-jays. Even Tried speekers. Sound works with youtube and so on.
It's an iPhone 5.
Highlighted

Re: Spotify Premium on my iphone won't play anything when my headphones are plugged in.??

Peter__
Community Legend

Does rebooting your device by holding the home and lock buttons together until the apple logo appears on screen make any difference? Which version of iOS are you using?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Haris
Casual Listener
Thanks for your help! The new update that was released today fixed it 🙂
Highlighted

Peter__
Community Legend
Excellent - didn't even know there was an update going out today! 🙂

Peter

Highlighted

Erinkn
Casual Listener
Still having the same problems even though it's a new 5s with all of the updates
Highlighted

Joe
Community Legend

@Erinkn Does it play through the speaker?

Highlighted

Erinkn
Casual Listener

Yeah, exactly as others have said: it plays through the speakers, but when I plug headphones in, it stops and freezes for a second, unfreezes itself, but still doesn't play. The play/pause button works, but it stays at 0:00. Restarting the app doesn't work either. No difference with online/offline mode.

Highlighted

vortura
Casual Listener

I have this problem too. iPhone 5s with the latest iOS and Spotify.

Highlighted

armadillo
Regular

This problem needs to be solved already. Getting pathetic. There's been several updates since ios7, none of them adressing this issue. I refuse to reinstall the app again, and resync etc. Spotify on ios need to work with Apple headphones, why is this still a problem? Fix it.

Highlighted

Peter__
Community Legend
The issue is, the number of reports of this issue are tiny compared to the number of users I would assume are using iOS 7 and iPhone 5S's.

I will bump my escalation on this to see if any progress has been made.

Peter

SUGGESTED POSTS