Spotify Premium on my iphone won't play anything when my headphones are plugged in.??

Highlighted

Re: Spotify Premium on my iphone won't play anything when my headphones are plugged in.??

Regular

Ok. I guess I just assumed it was a common problem. Should have been less harsh then. (But it is the kind of issue that is very annoying because of its nature and the fact that you can't just restart the app to get it working again.)

Highlighted

Re: Spotify Premium on my iphone won't play anything when my headphones are plugged in.??

Casual Listener

If it helps you at all, restarting my phone fixed the problem for me.

Highlighted

Regular

Thanks, vortura, I appreciate it. Certainly beats uninstall/reinstall. I've actually created emergency playlists in itunes as a temporary solution when walking the dogs (they have less patience than me..). 

Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

@armadillo Did restarting your phone help improve things at all? 

Highlighted

Regular

I haven't had the chance to try it! The day after the last incident it worked again, by itself. I have – unsuccessfully – tried to recreate the problem myself: start spotify unplugged and then plugging in, start plugged in, start – "play" – music within app, start with headphone control etc, having different apps open together with spotify etc... If I can find some kind of pattern, I will report it here.

And the app was updated today, I'm hoping this was one of the bugs crushed 😉

Highlighted

Regular

@Meredith @vortura So, the issue returned today. I had just finished a phone call, so the phone app was active but no other apps. I started spotify but it would not play with headphones plugged in – although visibly playing (and actually playing when headphones were unplugged.) Unusally, I received Error:2003329396 ("Playback has failed miserably...) which has never happened before. I restarted the phone as suggested and it worked fine. I did try to recreate the problem, used the phone app, plugged in, as I had earlier, but this time there was no problem. In short, restarting the phone is a great tip; the issue, though, remains an enigma. 

Highlighted

Yeah, I just got that same message - Error: 2003329396.  Pretty strange if you ask me!  Why would any app tell you that it "failed miserably?" 

Can someone at Spotify enlighten me as to why I'm getting this error message?  A reboot of my phone fixed the issue also, but still...

Highlighted

I'm having the same problem! Just got the same error message. Restarted my phone and now it works like its supposed to. Yesterday I used the phone app with my headset, and was having some trouble.. Not sure if this is a iPhone problem or a Spotify problem. Using a >14 days old 5s, updated with latest iOS.
Highlighted

Yes.  Re-installed. Totally ticked off.  I have a Samsung 8.  Works fine without headphones.  When plugged in(which I need in public), no sound.  My ipod is broken and I need music for my workout in the public gym, 😞

SUGGESTED POSTS