Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium wont play in my VW Up

Spotify Premium wont play in my VW Up

Plan

Free/Premium premium

Country uk

Device 

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hi all,

I have Spotify premium and the Spotify App on my phone  I am able to play Spotify tracks on my phone using a 3g connection but when my phone and car establish a bluetooth connection Spotify wont play? My cars infotainment system seems to detect Spotify on my phone,but no tracklist. When I select Spotify on my cars infotaintment system it states " track list unavailable"

Can anybody help with this infuriating problem.?

thanks

9 Replies

Hey @colvin1963.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community, and sorry for the late response! We'll be glad to help you out if you're still experiencing this issue 🙂

Just to confirm, does your VW infotainment system have a native Spotify app (which can be played without connecting an external device to it), or do you have to play to it via Bluetooth using another device?

If it's the latter, could you try a clean reinstall of your Spotify app by following the steps outlined here? This can solve many common problems that our users experience.

If this doesn't work, could you try connecting another device to the VW and seeing if you experience the same issue?

Let us know how you get on!

Hi Peter,

Thankyou for responding to my problem.

Just to clarify I am attempting to play Spotify via an app on my device with a Bluetooth connection.

I have re installed the Spotify App on my devices and also tried a different device as you suggested but unfortunately this has failed to solve my problem.

I have included a couple of picture attachments in this reply showing my VW Up infotainment display after it has connected with the Spotify App.

Just to clarify my infotainment system is connecting with the Spotify App on my device. When I attempt to play a Spotify track when the Bluetooth connection has been made the track won't play. When I disconnect my Bluetooth the track then plays on my device.

IMG_1836.JPG
IMG_1837.JPG

Hey @colvin1963.

Thanks for getting back to us and for trying that out for us.

I read up a bit on the VW Up! infotainment system, and as far as I can see it integrates smartphones which have the Maps + More app installed on them (I read this up here).

Can you confirm that you have installed this app and that you have established a connection with your car through this app?

Looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Hi Peter 

Yes I can confirm I have this app installed and have established a connection with my car via this app

Kind regards

Hey @colvin1963.

Thanks for confirming that for us.

Have you tried reinstalling/updating the Maps + More app? 

Also, do you experience this issue with other apps that try to connect to your car system, or is it just happening with Spotify?

Let us know!

Hi Peter,
I tried re installing maps and more but this failed to resolve my issue.
I do have Radioplayer app installed on my phone which I wouldn't normally connect to my car system( car already has radio). I attempted to connect this app with my cars system and did experience the same issue.

Hey @colvin1963.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Hm, it does sound like there might be an issue with your infotainment system or the Maps + More app, rather than with the Spotify app itself.

We recommend that you get in touch with Garmin customer support here, who will hopefully be able to help you out with the Maps + More app.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi I have just got a new VW up! And I am having the same problem! Did it get resolved? 

Hey @Emmanw2002!

Thanks for checking on the Community for this!

Could you confirm for us that you have tried all the steps that have been suggested above?

If you have, let us know exactly what you have tried so that we can give you some more advice on how to continue.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Take care!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts