Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Equalizer presets missing

We've received reports from iOS users that the equalizer presets have disappeared. This is currently being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
uncletupelo

8.7.10.1611 On iOS 15.3.1. Presets disappeared when current update came through.

Equalizerfan

I understand the removal of the sound equalizer presets was a deliberate choice. I do not understand why Spotify would remove this incredibly useful feature. I used it daily and must say my listening experience is less because of this change. Please bring the presets back!

yogologan
I don’t believe that they intentionally removed the feature. I’ve been with several tech support agents, trying to figure it out.
knowsnothing

Same issue. Presets just gone. I hope it’s a bug and gets fixed soon

Sategat

BRING IT BACK.

it’s the main feature I use. When I play on my car i choose one preset, when I’m using my headphones there is another preset and the list goes on. It’s very important to our listening experiences being able to quickly change and adjust our presets to our liking and to fit the different sound systems we use. Having the presets make the changing quick enough and error proof. 

I’m having the same issue here in New Zealand and support said that they were looking into it.
Alex

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

The right teams at Spotify are aware of this issue and are looking into it 🙂

We don't have an exact timeframe for a fix, so keep your app up to date, not to miss any development on this.

We'll keep you posted here as soon as we have more news.

Cheers.

Jaw_Duunn

So I have access to the equalizer but when I switch it on, the options of all the genres to change the equalizer accordingly aren’t there! I’ve tried reinstalling, rebooting the phone and have had no luck. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Plan

Free

Country

UK

Device

IPHONE 11

Operating System

IOS 15.3.1 (latest)

15616BC7-6B46-4B9A-B3C9-9299CD85F699.png
don_lake

For some reason on Equalizer all the options such as “Bass Booster” and “Small Speakers” are gone idk if there is some update Spotify is doing. It’s such a cool feature but I’ve tried restarting my phone and refreshing the app nothing works anyone know why?

yogologan

Anyone using Spotify on an iOS device is experiencing this problem. Spotify is working on finding and solving the problem. The problem should be resolved soon hopefully.