Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Radio repeating the same 6 songs

Spotify Radio repeating the same 6 songs

For some reason my spotify radio is only repeating somewhere between 6-10 of the same tracks and not introducing much new music at all. Is anyone else having this problem and is there a way to fix it?

6 Replies

Hi there welcome to the community,

At first, sorry for the delay.

Just to confirm 🙂 At the "Now playing" screen, do you have repeat mode (button left bottom) enabled? Is it green and does it display a 1 too, or is it just marked green? If so, tap it twice so that it will be marked as green so it will be at normal repeat mode.

If that doesn't work I would recommend doing a full reinstallation of the app.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

I've been having the same problem for a few months, and it's not the repeat button. I have this problem on my iPhone as well as desktop. Any given station will only play about 10 different songs. They are always in the same order. I have reinstalled on both devices and the problem has not been fixed. Thumbs downing songs also does not work: the same song will show right back up. I am forced to use Pandora now if I want to listen to the radio.

I am having the same problem with radio. I'll listen to a station for approx half an hour then the station will repeat the last 3-4 songs continuously, skipping them does not help, it's quite frustrating. 

Spotify's radio has to be rewritten from the scratch since it's totally useless. No personalization, no variety and so on...I'm actually using Slacker/Pandora for my radio needs.

I'm having this same issue and it's so frustrating - has anyone found a solution?

I have same issue.  

It's happening with both playlists and radio -- I don't have repeat on.  I've noticed that the queue has a number of unique songs listed but will periodically (actually, fairly frequently) reshuffle the same songs toward the top.  

I can skip, skip, skip... to a new song -- but that's an annoying work-around.

Suggested posts